Need side fins ahead of doors

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for the company that manufactures the aftermarket cosmetic fins that are ahead of the doors and fill in the "hole" between the hood and side of the car. Thanks.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The company that originally produced them stopped making them and then one of our members in Florida bought the tooling and started producing them. I can't remember the name, but he does a lot of Viper aftermarket stuff. I bought a pair of the side gills myself a year or so ago.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful, sometimes they don't fit right on the newer cars and I think you have to drill another hole, but they do look good.
Last I know Elite motorsports had them, maybe Venomblue550 has them, I saw them on ebay for $675.00, painting is extra.

FlX109

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I purchased a pair of them back in 2000 from TGF Automotive Enhancements, Inc. Their Phone # is 714-444-2000
I have no idea if they still make them, but if they do, I highly recommend them. I love mine.

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
TGF Automotive Enhancements Inc.
11161 Slater Ave.
Fountain Valley, CA 92708 US
phone: (714) 444-2000
fax: (714) 444-0700
description: Aftermarket body enhancements for the Plymouth Prowler and Dodge Viper.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered them from Elite.

The drivers side didn't fit right. Too bad I still want them. Damn hand built car!

Scott refunded my money. No problem.

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
are you looking for these??...if so then yes, we have them, but since just finish build the custom hood, so we stopped on the side grill production...so need more time....and those side grills, they will all fit on the car, you just gotta play with it since all vipers are hand built, so all different....

6544black_side_grill_2-med.jpg
6544side_grill_2-med.jpg

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I helped a local Atlanta guy try and install them. They most CERTAINLY did not fit on his Viper (I believe 00 GTS). Yes, I know they say you'll have to flex them a little to make them fit. NO WAY that was going to happen. The fit wasn't even close. One of the mounting holes was off by 3/4"

When I held the aftermarket piece up to the stock piece, the holes didn't line up at all.

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine didn't fit either, but after alittle adjustments with a die grinder to the mounting holes...they fit perfect now. I wouldn't have a viper without them on it.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They didn't fit my '01. I think the new GenII's have a different screw pattern than the earlier ones. Quality was pretty poor on the Elite ones I bought (paint runs and pits), so I returned them rather than bothering to modify them to fit.

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Believe or not, those little grills are really hard to make, not easy at all, plus they don't just fit right on your car without mess with it, every viper's grill mounting holes are different, so that's why we are still working on them....hope they will be done sometime soon before the spring...

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
our new side grills are made out of polyester fiberglass and fit only model years 1994 - early 1999. As you know there was a design change to the firewall dimension which made it narrower by almost 2 inches. We never retooled for the engineering changes to the late 1999 - 2002 model years, so that why for those 99-02 year viper, you will need to drill 1 extra hole to modified it to fit, i mean they will fit if you got some time to mess with it...but for early year ones, our new girll should fit no problem....

kARLUG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set that I purchased from TGF, the original manufacturer. Very high quality and good looking. A real pain to install on my 93. Took hours of shimming and trimming to get them to fit properly. Very hard to even the gap at the doors without rubbing. Had to dremel a little material off the hood for clearance. Much harder than I thought it would be. They cost about 700.00. Order them primed, do the proper fit-up, then paint.

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
our redesigned and new version of side girlls fits fine on all 92-99 model...$699 per set or $799 painted...here is a picture of it on an RT....

6544viper_grills_001-med.jpg

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OMG!
That's way more than I thought they would be...
I suppose that's why I have my sig (see below)...
Thanks for the pics and info though.....
Ill pass......
Cheers,

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
our redesigned and new version of side girlls fits fine on all 92-99 model...$699 per set or $799 painted...here is a picture of it on an RT....

6544viper_grills_001-med.jpg

See how close the door gets to the grill. I had a lot of clearance issues. Try to open the door was the problem. The drivers side wouldn't bend to fit. ( at the top) The only way I would order again, would be to send you some kind of template with my holes on it, to see if you could cutom fit..... before you ship.

I really like these, and it protects the wiring harness from vandals.........errrrrr punks!