Need some advice

HYPRVYPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm agonizing over a decision so I figured I'd throw it out there and get some advice. I've owned a 2002 graphite GTS since new. It's bone stock and never been tracked with 10k miles and in mint condition. I've always been a ragtop guy and I'm thinking about a 2008 SRT10 convertible. Am I nuts to get rid of my current ride from a collectibility standpoint? Keeping them both may be an option but could result in divorce :D . I'd appreciate any input you guys can give me.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO BRAINER..GO 08 CONVERT...Forget about collectability unless you plan to keep her for 35-30 years..lifes too short, enjoy! Unless you can afford to keep both then I would..

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the Vettes and Shelby stangs that are bringing the big bucks at auction......30+ years old. Then look at their respective mileages.
Then look at how old you will be in that time frame.

If you think you can do it.......go ahead....I couldn't

Second choice keep them both.....chance the divorce....LOL

Third, get what YOU really want and don't look back....forget about the collectibility

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
More than 4 years owning a Viper and only 3rd post on the greatest forum, shame on you !!! :D
Just kidding... ;)
Keep the GTS, that is a beauty... :2tu: and then, in 6-8 months or more, maybe your wife will be tired of you being depressed of selling the 02 and will agree on the "dual" ownership. :nana:

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If keeping both will result in Divorce, keep both.

Nah, seriously, if it were me I would try real hard to keep both as long as the funds were there. Is she due for a new car yet? Birthday coming up? Jewlery? Clothes? Vacation plans? Do whatever you need to do to level out the playing feild and go for the second Viper.

AC

OP
OP
H

HYPRVYPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well the consensus has shown me that my instincts are right:

1. I am definitely going for the '08.

2. I've at least got to try to hold onto the '02. I just added on to and am totally redoing my garage. Made it a 4 car with all the toys (will post pictures when it's finished). One bay has 4 bikes in it, one has the viper and one has my Benz in it. Maybe if I buy the wife something nice and put my brand new S class in the driveway and let her move her Explorer into the garage I've got a shot. Wish me luck!!

P.S. If the majority of you guys are right about that 30 year time frame, I'll be driving a rascal scooter with a stroker kit knocking over all the other old geezers in the nursing home.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO BRAINER..GO 08 CONVERT...Forget about collectability unless you plan to keep her for 35-30 years..lifes too short, enjoy! Unless you can afford to keep both then I would..

I agree TOTALLY :2tu:

go for the MOST Viper you can comfortably afford to drive

Besides, the happier you are will mean the MORE she will get from YOU, right? :p