need some engine advice please

SEEEEYA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just returned from the woodward dream cruise event here in Detroit(royal oak actually) driving on the highway the motor to me started to "load up" started to back fire a little had to keep shifting between 4th and 5th so we could keep going at speed if I left it too long in one gear it started to Bog down. CEL light is on P0152 is the code, I believe it is the second o2 sensor on the passenger side(correct me if I'm wrong) now I have installed hi flos and a true side exhaust. could these changes be throwing the car off so much with out a tune or is this all from just a bad o2 sensor??? or both?? have noticed it only does it when you go when the car is cold. if I drive it warm it up, shut it off for 10 min, then drive it, it does not do it, almost like I cook the o2 sensor so it works....I don't know hopefully someone knows what the heck it is

viper vince

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What year viper my 2006 did the same thing at about 8,000 miles it was a bad converter.

OP
OP
S

SEEEEYA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
mine is a 06 and I just replaced the 4 stock converters with 2 hi-flos, bottom o2 looked ok but never did check the o2 before the cats, can you get at it from under the hood or do I need to go on a lift?

turbo.pwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the best access would be from underneath, you don't need a lift if you have a jack and a pair of stands. I would look for a loose connection at the harness or any damage to the wiring. Also try resetting the ecu by disconnecting the battery for a while.

OP
OP
S

SEEEEYA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well bought a new O2 sensor and installed it today, up on low profile ramps I could get my hand in there and it came off easy, no physical damage seen, was told the "heater" goes bad in the sensors every now and then, but I cannot believe how this sensor could make my car feel SOOOOO bad, because now it feels SOOOOOO good again with the new sensor on........and the longer I drove it the better it got.........I probably looked like a fool with the big grin I had on my face while driving but that happens a lot to everyone who drives these cars I assume:rolaugh: now when my tuner comes on Wednesday...watchout

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations! Just to complete this thread for someone searching in the future, which O2 sensor location did you replace, and what manufacturer/model did you use ?

OP
OP
S

SEEEEYA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
P0152 code was upstream(before cat) O2 sensor, passenger side, Bosch makes a perfect swap out for $59.99, you can get them cheaper online but they are not assembled(wire harness), this took all of 10 min to swap out. 7/8" Wrench and gloves for the "warm" pipe you are next to is all you need. part descriptions are good for green horns, they do specify up or downstream sensor.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960