Need some exhaust info or help!

azvipermike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2001 GTS with the Cats removed. I want to give the car some more sound gain. I have a B&B pipe set up being offered that is the x pipe and the rear section with the tips. This would basically delete the cat back and be pipes only. On the 01 with the cats removed will i experience alot of drone in the cabin?

Thanks for your help!

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will experience drone without cats and with high-flow metallic cats. High-flow ceramic cats will lessen the drone significantly. I had several talks with Jon B at Parts Rack when I was converting the exhuast on my 1998 GTS. His opinions on sound and performance of the different set ups were dead on perfect from my experience.

Remember, the GTS acts like a big sub-woofer the way the hatchback area is constructed. Hard to get away from drone in that environment which is one of the reasons I went back to a convertible. Good luck. I'm sure others will chime in. I would also search the forum as there are a ton of threads on the topic. Ceramic Hi-flow cats are the way to go to remove drone and still have a decent performing setup.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with headers and cat delete only. It gave a nice sound and wasn't overwhelming. I don't know what cat delete only sounds like, but I would put headers on as a next step if you haven't already.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
A

azvipermike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have stock manifolds as i was told and have researched not much gain on a 2001 with headers. Does anyone have a sound clip of 01 or 02 viper with straight pipes and cats deleted?

OP
OP
A

azvipermike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well i cut the rear muffler off and did a test fit with just straight pipe and no thanks! Ears feel like i wa at a Metallica concert from the 90's! So going with some magnaflow mufflers and new chrome tips! also while she is in they are doing new window tint and a clear bra!

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did cat and muffler delete (98 GTS) and it sounds way louder with the windows open than with them closed. If you're in hot weather country and use AC a lot, make sure to test with the windows open and closed....you might find that Metallica has turned back to 10 (from 11) with the windows up. ;-)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4