Need some help on some vaccum issues(Went Gen 3 Intake)

jrod_okc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok so my car was TT. And i like the look of the Gen 3 intake better etc.. So i got it all done swaped etc.. But the gen 2 intake as alot more vacuum ports on it. So now i have some extra lines. Need to know the best way to make sure i have no vacuum leaks. The ****** coming out from under the TB is what i am using for a vacuum source right now. And there is on one the driver side back where the brake booster goes on. Are there any more sources on the gen 3 intake?

You must be registered for see images attach

^ This is under the intake, i am guessing something to do with the PCV system?

^ This is on the Driver side, no clue what this is

Here it is on the car.

and there it was before i put it on.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes that first picture is the pcv system.

The pictures of the hose on the drivers side leaves me scratching my head as well. Possibly suppose to be hooked up to a wastegate or bov?

OP
OP
J

jrod_okc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WG are under the car.. The BOV are up front.. But that has to be a vacuum source from something. Its a factory source.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It definitely does not look like a factory source. It is a T tap with zip ties.

My motor stock. Only vacuum source on that side of the OEM intake manifold is the one leading to the brake booster (notice the plain ****** and the folded hose). There is also a small hose in the rear of the manifold that hooks the manifold up to the map sensor
http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q270/pollup/The Viper/?action=view&current=P9278924.jpg

Picture of that hose hooked up
http://forums.viperclub.org/album.php?albumid=92&attachmentid=12934

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the vacuum sources goes to the CCV (PCV) on the rocker/valve covers, and other one goes to a fitting between the intake filters and the throttle body on the Gen III.

By the way, the flat black looks pretty sick.

OP
OP
J

jrod_okc

Viper Owner
Reaction score

looks like the line in question is just tapped above the old driver side TB

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That vacuum line goes to the evap system between the throttle bodies on a gen.1 & 2 . Runs down under the left front fascia to some gizmos.

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious about the first photo you posted with the loose bolt and washer in the foreground, what is it going through? Whatever it is appears to be cracked on the top right rear side of the mounting hole. Just curious. Jeff

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got guts. :rolaugh:

Back in college I almost got killed by my cousin's wife when she caught me cleaning the transmission pan out of a '65 300L in her kitchen sink.
:omg:

OP
OP
J

jrod_okc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL.. Ya the wife is used to it by now.. I have a room just for all the parts for all my cars.. LOL

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weird, I looked at my oem photo again and I have nothing at the spot but there was a fitting there.

Just saw this thread and my car is the same. Appears the previous owner disconnected. It actually has a typical black vacuum port cap on it. Should I be looking to hook something back up?

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, Look under the drivers side ROE intake tube right behind and below the throttle body. There is a very small vacuum fitting on the intake tube that line goes on (points down). I'm sure your's is intstalled. just hard to see unless you are looking for it.