Need some help....Viper running very rough....

two06vipers

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys my viper is running really rough right now. It just started this out of now where. Basically when i press on the gas it just hesitates real bad and the further down i press on the gas pedal the more it hesitates until it just kicks in and takes off..... i am thinking it could be bad spark plugs.... any other ideas?
thanks!

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the plug wires to make sure they are well seated. When was the last time you changed the wires out? Defintely check the plugs.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My little turbo porsche was doing the EXACT same thing and it turned out to be a bad throttle position sensor. It was pretty easy to test, I just unplugged the TPS and it ran fine(on the rich side).

GTSJERRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car has just started doing the same thing, but it seems to quit once the car reaches full engine temp. Let me know what you find. Thanks

OP
OP
T

two06vipers

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks for the pm i hope the 02 sensors will fix the problem. It ***** because you can literally floor the gas pedal getting on the interstate and it just burbles and goes nowhere then it all the sudden just kicks in... makes the car undriveable honestly!!

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you all got Pm..
How about just posting your thoughts so that others with the same problem can reference this thread for the info needed. Don't keep the possible solution a secret :confused: :confused: :confused:
Don't worry, it's just a minor hood pad recall to fix the problem. Those things are functional. LOL.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like TPS sensor. They are really easy to put on. See if you have a friend w/ the same year car and quickly change out. If your car runs perfect again then you'll know it's the TPS sensor.

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a similar problem; would hesitate for 30-40 seconds following a start. O2 sensor(s).

Mike

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it's the O2 sensor, my car was doing the same...then we tryed with aftermarket sensors like from autozone, but it was still doing it, we almost gave it up, then we tryed the OEM dodge mopar sensor, and guess what....fixed....don't ask me why....but i know that's the problem....FOR SURE.....

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just posted a few engine sensors up on Ebay, No O2's, but a TPS, MAP, IAC, and Crank sensor. If it ends up being a TPS, at least you have a place to look. A link is available in the supplier section.

Thanks,