need some help......

sliverstripeacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've finally gotten rid of my corvette and I'm finally buying the car of my dreams, a gen 2 viper. I need some expert advice on which car I should consider. My problem is both cars I'm interested in are both sides of the country. One car is a 2001 gts acr with 9000 miles, the second is a 2002 gts not acr with 24000 miles. The problem I have is the acr is about 10000$ more. Is it worth the extra cash for the lower miles? more collectible? desirable?. I cannot afford to fly to go see both cars and I'm having a had time making a decision. Any help and comments would be great. Thanks.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is the cars located? Perhaps someone from the local VCA could check out the cars fir you and get back to you...

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR I guess would be more collectible, but depending on your location, an ACR dose not have A/C. There are times when the A/C is a godsend ;)

I bought my car through the VCA Classifieds, I asked a couple of local VCA members to check the car out for me, (which they did) and it all worked out great :2tu:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$45,965 says kelley blue book for my zip code and in excellent cond. and 9000 miles from a private party but does not inc. the ACR version which should be a little higher. I would get the ACR along with less miles IF it checks out.

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, most (90+%)ACR's have air, the ACR is more collectable, the ride (on the street) is harsh, but you can do as I did and put "street" shocks and springs on it and save the "race" shocks and springs for the track or high speed driving (the only way to go at high speed).

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One other thing, the anti-lock brakes (I've never used mine- yet), are like owning a gun (if you ever find yourself in the position of needing them-there is no substitute). My opinion-if you are a Viper kind of guy or gal, the ACR option is just icing on the cake. A must - Have a Viper tech. say grace over the car before you buy, and you can't have too much respect for the torque (it is so easy to lose control).

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell us more about yourself OP. Where are you from? Looking for a viper to sit in your garage? to drive? shows? trackdays?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt worry about the miles a bit, assuming it was maintained properly. 24000 aint nuthin' to worry about.

Do you want to save this car for your great grand children? Wanna put it in the Smithsonian? Try to sell it later for the very highest price possible? Gonna put it in the garage behind velvet ropes?

Or do you wanna just enjoy it?

Life is too short to worship any one car. Just buy what you like, and have a blast.

Viper owner since 2001. 50,000 smiles ago.

Acr girl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
B een a vette girl for 10 yrs !! Just bought our first viper !!!!! Love it,it is an 2001 acr car with 6500 miles !!! Go for it you will not be disappoint !!!:drive:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR is nicer but that's a hefty premium for just low miles. If you drive it, the low miles part will go away. That said, if you can afford to get the ACR do so (after having it checked out by a VCA member) - its nicer IMHO.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've finally gotten rid of my corvette and I'm finally buying the car of my dreams, a gen 2 viper. I need some expert advice on which car I should consider. My problem is both cars I'm interested in are both sides of the country. One car is a 2001 gts acr with 9000 miles, the second is a 2002 gts not acr with 24000 miles. The problem I have is the acr is about 10000$ more. Is it worth the extra cash for the lower miles? more collectible? desirable?. I cannot afford to fly to go see both cars and I'm having a had time making a decision. Any help and comments would be great. Thanks.

What color is the ACR and what color is the GTS? Are they both stock? Also, have you done the carfax on both cars...how many previous owners are listed on each car?

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will tell you one thing. I got a red GTS with medium mileage and I hate red, that allows me to drive it more often. I fail to see the excitement in how you can sit in your garage staring at it whilst picking your belly button lint and drooling down your cheeto stained wife ******.

Drive it!

OP
OP
S

sliverstripeacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The acr is sapphire blue and the non acr is red, both silver stripe. The red gts has had 5 owners over its 24000 mile life and the acr has had 2, one being the owner of a dealership. I'm buying the car because i've always wanted a gen2 gts. I plan on driving it once and awhile, maybe some shows and vca trips. Not sure if i'd take it to the track.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The acr is sapphire blue and the non acr is red, both silver stripe. The red gts has had 5 owners over its 24000 mile life and the acr has had 2, one being the owner of a dealership. I'm buying the car because i've always wanted a gen2 gts. I plan on driving it once and awhile, maybe some shows and vca trips. Not sure if i'd take it to the track.

In the Viper World, the exterior color tends to distinguish the overall worth of the car. Not trying to start any wars here, but a Sapphire Blue GTS will always be more high in demand than a red GTS considering how many red Vipers have been built vs how many Sapphire Blue have been built. Once again, nothing wrong with red, just stating the obvious. The fact that it's a Sapphire Blue ACR is a no brainer. Especially since it's only had 2 owners, vs 5 owners on the Red GTS. It also has less miles. I'm surprised you had to ask others for advice haha, seems like a very easy decision! As long as you don't mind spending $10,000 more, go with the Blue Sapphire GTS. I would in a heart beat, since I was actually considering one myself before I bought my 96 B&W, I just couldn't swing the higher cost for it 3 years ago. In the end though, I'm extremely happy with my decision since I prefer the 96 B&W over any other Viper. To each his own. :2tu:

So yes, to answer your original question the Sapphire Blue GTS/ACR is worth the extra cash for the lower miles. It is more collectible, and it is more desirable. However, if you are a fan of red, than it won't be more desirable of course. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang