Need to borrow a brake tool

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I need to do the rear brakes on my 98 GTS. I hear there is a special tool needed to reset the calibers. Do any one of you local guys have this tool I can borrow to do my brakes? I promise to get it back to you quickly.

Bolt

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bolt...Its called Needle Nosed Pliers. When are you planning on doing this? If our schedules work, bring her on over to the house, put her up on the lift...Makes the job easier....

OP
OP
B

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bolt...Its called Needle Nosed Pliers. When are you planning on doing this? If our schedules work, bring her on over to the house, put her up on the lift...Makes the job easier....

Thank you for the offer. I was told the needle nose plyers works great but you need four hands to do it. The lift isn't the problem, I have one of those. Frank, where are you located? I'll see what Lori has a home made one here to use. Again, Thank you for offering the help.

Bolt

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to do the rear brakes on my 98 GTS. I hear there is a special tool needed to reset the calibers. Do any one of you local guys have this tool I can borrow to do my brakes? I promise to get it back to you quickly. Bolt

Ed Has it, I gave him a straight halfshaft and your tool. Pick it up from Ed.
Lauri

OP
OP
B

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ed Has it, I gave him a straight halfshaft and your tool. Pick it up from Ed.
Lauri

Lauri,

I used your tool last week. It worked great. There is no way I'll ever use needle nose plyers. The piston is to hard to screw in. Your socket tool made it easy. Now I'm waiting for the correct brake pads so I can reassemble the rear brakes. Thank you!

Bolt

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No Problem.
I think I need to pick up that driveshaft loop???
Could you assist in welding the tabs?

Lauri

Sure, It may take some stacking of plywood to get you into my driveway but once in we can get your car on my lift and we should have it done in about 45 minutes. We'll do it some weekend. My cell number is 717-497-3329 (Bob)

Bolt