Need to find the weatherstripping that goes behind the windows....

Vital Velocity

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The piece that runs up and down at the end of the window ( at the back of the window). Anyone have a part number or a place to pick one up for each side?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, You have to order the entire rail assembly to get the stupid plastic insert:mad:
I wandered why my window was rattling so i stuck a flashlight in there to see my front rail insert missing. Usually they just fall out and lay on the bottom so you can fish em out and re-glue in. Mine must have come up with the window and the previous owner chucked it.

I took some door edge guard and glued it in with black silicon...
5bucks DIY vs $***:2tu:

similar to this, but the wider type that only comes in 6" sections.

You must be registered for see images

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
another option would be to pull one off a salvaged viper.

ggc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is there some reason why some enterprising viper owner can't have a replacement weatherstripping made for this? Hopefully correcting the original problem that causes the weatherstripping to come apart. Just a thought.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you think thats bad, I just bought a set of 09' six spoke wheels w/o the center caps and ended up buying the center caps from a local dealer at cost. ($375) for 4 silver dollar sized aluminum pieces to cover that little hole in the middle :omg:. You do the math :confused::(

I re-glued my rubber window guards and keep a eye on em. I used really sticky silicon in black to match the stancion and it seems to be working for me :2tu:

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Search stanchion I glued mine back on two years ago and have had no problems since. They were both missing and both found inside the door under the window on my 98.

Chris

Red Shift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Checking in that this is a common problem. I'm missing the rubber piece on my passenger door. I'll check inside the door to see if I have a little treat! I checked into a replacement part and remember finding the part for $150-$350, probably used.