Live in South Bend, IN area

Anybody know of one?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leslie

Why not ask Victor? He showed me some cool spray yesterday that he uses called Percy's. For what you do with your car might be a good option....

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Understood.

But maybe you could spray it on? Seemed simple from the way he explained it so it I may try it at somepoint. And if I can do it..... :rolaugh:

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh I want something that can stay on all the time.

That stuff he uses is kewl, huh?

OppositeLock

VCA Member
Reaction score
You may want to talk to Tim Kirlin of Moto-F/X (formerly ‘The Plastic Surgeons’):

Moto-F/X
7725 S Grant St
Burr Ridge, Illinois 60527

Tel: (630) 669-7033
Email: [email protected]

He and his son Rich installed a Venture Shield clearbra on my Viper in my garage with exceptional results. I like to believe that my insistence on only pre-cut pieces, no cuts on the car and the fact that my garage and Viper were surgically clean helped to perfect the install.

They have worked on a number of IL-Region Vipers with (IIRC) satisfactory results. Be sure to research whomever you use to ensure recent posting about their work in car forums has been favorable, Moto-F/X included.

Last edited:

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Tim is our guy in this region. Lots of us have our cars done by him. However he's not using venture sheild any longer, he uses XPEL.

I've used XPEL on my cars (viper, cadillac, and now Jeep SRT) and have been very happy with it. It's self healing so all those cone marks (heh) come right out. It also seems to prevent things from staining it (for instance bugs that are caked on and baked in the sun for a couple weeks come right out. I've been very happy and feel it's a better product. I had venture sheild on several of my other cars and it was good, but the scratches weren't easy to get out.

Also, Tim closed down his shop, he does everything on-site. So if you have a clean well lit garage it makes it even better for you.

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha!

Picking up my Viper tomorrow, new paint job:)

Will post pics of the CAR when I get the 3M installed:)

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Are you sure about applying clear bra to fresh paint? I've been told by many paint professionals that you need to wait a period of time before applying clear bra to new paint as it needs to breath and cure?

That being said - I would love to see your clear bra :D

Hahaha!

Picking up my Viper tomorrow, new paint job:)

Will post pics of the CAR when I get the 3M installed:)

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure about applying clear bra to fresh paint? I've been told by many paint professionals that you need to wait a period of time before applying clear bra to new paint as it needs to breath and cure?

That being said - I would love to see your clear bra :D

Yeh my shop said a month:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala