New 2008 hood for my Viper

vipermania

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed a new oem 2008 hood for my 2005 Viper it fits perfect, all gaps are exactly even, the only thing is when you close the hood it hits the air box cover. Should I just remove it or modify the cover? Never in an accident, I am the original owner.

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure it's hitting the air box, mine doesn't and I know a couple others as well and haven't heard them say they have had this problem

OP
OP
V

vipermania

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could it be because I am still using the stock tubes & it sits higher?

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have the rain deflector on mine, is that what you are talking about that is hitting

cowger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are you sure it's hitting the air box, mine doesn't and I know a couple others as well and haven't heard them say they have had this problem

Yup, add me to those who just bolted on the Gen4 hood with everything else absolutely stock, no problems... :dunno:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the tubes he means are a K&N intake? Even still, as long as they are the supplied filters, there shouldn't be an issue

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, add me to those who just bolted on the Gen4 hood with everything else absolutely stock, no problems...
Yep, me too. Something is not right with yours. OEM Hood or Seibon?

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Add me to the list of those with a OE Gen. IV hood on a Gen. III and had absolutely no interference issues with the stock Gen. III airbox. The ONLY issue is the seal or lack thereof around the NACA duct which can allow some of the heated engine air to seep into the airbox.

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very easy just 4 10mm nuts remove and align the new hood. Takes 2 people can't do it by your self

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very easy just 4 10mm nuts remove and align the new hood. Takes 2 people can't do it by your self

You can when it's carbon fiber! (and having worked in a body shop helped). Did the hood and vert trunk lid myself easy. Can't believe how light they were.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960