New 2010 Muscle, sniffing out Viper

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw the following today in the Jan 2010 Robb Report special insert section, on American Muscle Cars...No Vipers!

2010 Mustang 'Shelby GT500 Super Snake' from Ford, top option is a 750hp supercharger (not avail in Vert), plus various other special options, 0-60 "of about" 3.5 sec (Go Ford stock price!)

2010 HPE550 Camaro from Hennessy available from Chevy Dealers or Henny direct--only 500 planned, supercharged 562 HP, Corsa exhaust, etc. 0-60 3.6 sec

2010 Hurst/Hemi Challenger Series 5 SRT8 (not clear if it is avail from Dodge or Hurst) supercharger, 572HP 528 ft lbs various other goodie options including the gold strips and pistol shifter...no 0-60 time given. (this was the only car with a mentioned price addition...$36.5k for the upgrades) All above have 20" wheels.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is a vid of the supersnake..highly doubt 0-60 in 3.5 seconds...

Nissan GT-R Vs Shelby GT500 Super Snake Drag Race | Concept Photos, Reviews, & More at Motortrend.com

i have a challenger with the same blower as the hurst...and avoiding tire spin from a dead start is not easy even with upgraded toyos...of course mine looks better than the hurst version

vor1.JPG
toyo11.JPG

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the Viper, as with the Corvette, is a muscle sports car. Not purely a musclecar like the Challenger but not purely a sports car like the Porsche or Ferrari. I like muscle cars and look for that quality in other types of vehicles as well such as the sedan......Chrysler 300C for example.

I have seen that Hurst Challenger in person - it was on Woodhouse's floor. I thought it was jawdropping even thought $75K is pretty pricey for it. I believe you can only get them through Woodhouse.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
As far as real Sports Cars go, been there done that with my 04 Ferrari 360. After 5 yrs, I wanted some real USA muscle, sold the F and bought the V...my Muscle Car ;)

Perfect, that means that a "Muscle car" is faster around the Ring then a Ferrari ie: "Real sports car":lmao:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc