New '96 GTS owner in Phoenix area

AZMotorgod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,

I just picked up my '96 GTS yesterday and I am speechless!

It has been a dream of mine to own one since the vipers came out. I have been saving and researching and waiting for about a year and a half and it still feels like a dream. I have to go in to the garage and look at it every so often just because I can!

To me the GTS is timeless and the blue/ white is the classic color combo. Though I am also partial the the Grey with Silver stripes as well as the Final Editions. I can still picture in my mind that day back in '96 when I saw my first GTS going down the road in downtown Phoenix. I said to my self "one day...".

I love this forum and all of the support that you give to one another. Thanks to all of the viper techs all over the US who gave me advice and assistance. I hope to meet all of you one day and buy you a beer.

Viper owner status change and VCA membership is coming shortly.

Enjoy!

You must be registered for see images attach

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your new purchase & Great choice on going with the 96 B/W. :2tu:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:welcome::kazoo:Congratulations:clap2: :dance: and Welcome!!!!:clap: :yay:There is no doubt you will love the car and love the club. You are very lucky to have a great tech right there at Bill Luke, Eddie Martin is fantastic!:2tu: Now you need to hook up with Marv S. and the Arizona region VCA.:headbang::bounce:

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrates and welcome to the BEST car club on the planet :headbang:

Nice choice of year and color it's my fav too :2tu:
What is your last four VINs ? Just curious ;)

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats! I love the pic of your son he looks pretty eggcited! Soon he'll grow up and say DAD give me the damn keys! My one year old growls at mine every day. = )

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome...and congratulations! I was also very excited when I got mine just last year. I still go into the garage every now and then just to have a look. Your son is probably just as excited over his new viper and hauler!

Good luck!

OP
OP
A

AZMotorgod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My VIN# is 200820 with a build date of 11-22-96 and she has just under 8,400 miles on her, she is pristine!

The seller was awesome and gave me that ram hauler and RT/10 to give to my son even though he also has a small boy about my son's age (will be 4 in July). It was in a box the seller had been keeping that had the shop manual, documents, parts and other viper toys- a GTS diecast and GTS-R model (those two are mine:)). The toys are probably as old as the car!

J&R3xV10- You are right Eddie was instrumental in the deal and is the MAN. He is the one who got the seller and I together. If it were not for him I would still be viperless!

Last edited:

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, it's a rollercoaster ride you'll never forget. I have spoken to "Fast" Eddie Martin as well since he was the Viper Tech that maintained my car for the PO. Nice guy, very helpful, sent me all the service records to my car and much, much more. Enjoy your new obsession.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations !!! Now, make sure that your rubber is fairly new and take it out for a road trip before it gets really hot ! ( I can suggest the perfect day trip, if you happen to be new to the area. )

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My "some day" came when watching the 96 Indy 500. I bought a 94 RT/10 eight years ago, but always wanted a 96 GTS. I finally got it last summer. Now I have the best of both worlds, the RT/10 for top down driving and the 96 GTS. Mine is 20012 built 5/20/96, just before the GTS debut at the Indy 500 5/26/96. Both are right at 20,000 miles and it is still a rush to walk out in the garage and see them side by side.

OP
OP
A

AZMotorgod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in Peoria, way out west in the area of 99th Ave. and Deer Valley Road.

I will be joining the National and Arizona chapters within a month or so because I am dying to see some of the other beasts that are out there.

DVSGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice car for sure. I got to see it at Bill Luke when Eddie was aligning mine (Black w/ white striped GTS). Eddie is the man and really goes above and beyond to help other Viper owners out. Can't say enough good things about him. Lucky he's close to me so I can bug him relentlessly!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21