New ACR-X and New Viper Website announced yesterday

Viper Mind

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
New ACR-X
Dodge introduced the new ACR-X spec racer at the Performance Racing Industry Show yesterday--and a five-event ten-race series called the "Dodge Viper Cup." Not to mention a $200,000 contingency fund.

Check it all out at Dodge's NEW Viper website: Viper Headquarters | Viper Headquarters

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm liking the "Voodoo" Viper...

You must be registered for see images

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New ACR-X with upgraded exhaust and headers....does this mean we could now get an exhaust and headers for the '09 without getting a CEL light for cat inefficiency??

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. I thought I heard someone say the ACR-X has a different engine management system that will allow for the headers and exhaust. Not a street legal setup.
New ACR-X with upgraded exhaust and headers....does this mean we could now get an exhaust and headers for the '09 without getting a CEL light for cat inefficiency??

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. I thought I heard someone say the ACR-X has a different engine management system that will allow for the headers and exhaust. Not a street legal setup.

Probably the MOPAR PCM which many of us have running the belangers headers/HF cats...Mopar pcm also allows an increase in rpm before hitting the rev limiter...

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great news for sure

great car

:nono: terrible terrible pic angle:

You must be registered for see images

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Would imagine the situation is quite different ,as the ACR-X will not have A/C , etc., and the engine managment system will be somewhat changed ------- many folks are not having issues with the light ,even at present. Depends on the headers and set-up as noted. I know Jorgensen has done a boatload of Belangers and Corsas with very few problems.

Reaction score

The cat inefficacy CEL will only happen if you drive the car like a little old lady :rolaugh:. If you run it hard now and again and don't drive around at 1500 rpm you will never get the CEL. Only the Mopar PCM will fix this if you do drive that timidly.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cat inefficacy CEL will only happen if you drive the car like a little old lady :rolaugh:. If you run it hard now and again and don't drive around at 1500 rpm you will never get the CEL. Only the Mopar PCM will fix this if you do drive that timidly.

C'mon Mark, I had to purchase a coupe to avoid a problem with the vert on the track, how timid do you really think I drive:D

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know others who still get a light. This is with hi flo cats (ROE) and corsa exhaust. Stock headers though!

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new site says the ACR-X is "not street legal".
Anyone want to divulge why it isn't?

And to further crush my wet dream, anyone have a MSRP on it yet?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a track car for sure. Full roll cage, fuel cell, different headers and exhaust. I'm sure a lot of other factors. They will be fitted with a racing slick tire as well. MSRP of 120k

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Bob!

Roll cages are legal, as are fuel cells.
Getting the exhaust and tires to be legal would be pretty simple.
I guess it's a middle ground between ACR and CC, but easier to make it street legal.

Me likey!

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From another thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR-X
SPECIFICATIONS

All dimensions are in inches (millimeters) unless otherwise noted. Information shown is correct at time of printing and is subject to change.
This is not a street legal vehicle.

GENERAL
Body Style -- Coupe
Seating Capacity -- 1
Assembly Plant -- Conner Avenue, Detroit

ENGINE
Type and Description -- 10-cylinder, 90 degree V-type, liquid cooled
Displacement -- 8.4 liter (510 cid)
Bore x Stroke -- 4.055 x 3.96 (103 x 100.6)
Valve System -- OHV, Variable-Valve Timing (VVT), 20 valves, roller-type hydraulic lifters
Fuel Injection -- Sequential, multi-port, electronic
Construction -- Aluminum alloy block with cast-iron liners,
aluminum-alloy heads
Compression Ratio -- 10.2:1
Power (SAE net) -- 640 bhp (477 kW) @ 6,100 rpm (76 bhp/L)
Torque (SAE net) -- 585 lb.-ft. (793 N.m @ 5,100 rpm)
Max. Engine Speed -- 6,250 rpm
Fuel Requirement -- Unleaded premium – 91 Octane (R+M)/2
Oil Capacity (with Filters) -- 11 qt. (10.4L)
Coolant Capacity -- 16 qt. (15L)

DRIVETRAIN
Description -- Synchronized in all gears, electronic reverse
lockout mechanisms, new short-throw shifter
Gear Ratios:
1st – 2.66
2nd – 1.82
3rd – 1.30
4th – 1.0
5th – .80
6th – .50
Axle Ratio 3.07
Final Drive Description -- Frame-mounted hypoid bevel gear with GKN ViscoLok speed-sensing limited-slip differential

DIMENSIONS AND CAPACITIES
Wheelbase -- 98.8 (2510)
Track, Front -- 61.6 (1565)
Track, Rear -- 60.9 (1547)
Overall Length -- 175.6 (4459)
Overall Width (at Sills) -- 75.2 (1911)
Curb Weight -- 3190 lbs.
Weight Distribution -- 49/51
Drag Coefficient -- .38

INTERIOR
Defroster -- Front Blower
Footrest -- Driver’s, aluminum die-cast-style adjustable
pedal pad
Instrument Cluster -- 220-mph (355 kph) analog speedometer, trip odometer, 7,000 rpm tachometer, voltmeter, oil pressure, coolant temperature and fuel gauge
Mirror -- Manual day/night rearview
Pedals -- Power-adjustable
Seat -- RaceTech racing driver side
Steering -- Column Tilt
Steering Wheel -- Suede-wrapped quick-disconnect racing style

EXTERIOR
Body Panels -- Primed, ready to paint
Dive Planes -- Front quad
Headlamps -- High-intensity Discharge (HID) low and high beams
Mirror -- Dual outside
Splitter -- Front carbon-fiber with rub strip
Windshield Wipers -- Variable intermittent, two-speed with low-profile flat blades
Wing Rear -- Carbon-fiber with seven-position stanchions
Optional -- Custom Livery Design & Car Cover Fitted

POWERTRAIN AND CHASSIS
Differential -- GKN ViscoLok speed-sensing limited-slip External race cooler package
Dyno Break-in and Performance Verification
Electronic Seals -- Engine, Transmission and Differential
Engine Electronic Control Unit -- Upgraded performance program
Exhaust System -- Dual-side
Flywheel -- Lightweight
Headers -- Exhaust
Oil Cooler -- Engine
Pulley Underdrive -- Crankshaft

SUSPENSION
Bar-Front and Rear Anti-Sway Adjustable Drop Links Type -- Four-wheel independent with high-performance aluminum control arms and knuckles, KW suspensions with two-way adjustable competition coil-over shock absorbers with remote reservoir tubular stabilizer bars, shocks and springs

STEERING
Type -- Power-assisted rack-and-pinion
Overall Ratio -- 16.7:1
Steering Turns -- (lock-to-lock) 2.4

BRAKES
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS)
Front – Size and Type -- 14.0 x 1.26 (355.0 x 32.0) vented disc, with Brembo 44/40 opposing piston calipers, curved fin vented StopTech two-piece slotted rotors
Rear – Size and Type -- 14.0 x 1.26 (355.0 x 32.0) vented disc, with Brembo 42/38 opposing piston calipers, curved fin vented StopTech two-piece slotted rotors
Power-assist Type Tandem Diaphragm vacuum with zero lost travel

WHEELS
Gloss black-painted wheels
Type and Material Lightweight forged aluminum “sidewinder”
Size 18.0 x 10.0 – front, 19.0 x 13.0 – rear

SAFETY
Adjustable Pedals
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) - Four wheel
Battery -- Dry Cell
Cage -- Interior roll cage, 8-point
Energy-Absorbing Steering Column
Fire Extinguisher
Fuel Cell -- Tip-over discriminator valve
Hooks -- Front and rear tow
Padding -- Interior roll cage impact protection, SFI rated
Knee-bolster Nets -- Side window and center mounted
Remote Battery Switch -- Emergency

ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Alternator -- 180 amp high speed

BPAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a track car for sure. Full roll cage, fuel cell, different headers and exhaust. I'm sure a lot of other factors. They will be fitted with a racing slick tire as well. MSRP of 120k

When I submitted our application, Tom (at Viper HQ) told me pricing wasn't confirmed (as they had not determined the actual tire that is going to be used), but they did not plan for it to exceed $110,000 for an ACR-X with primer only. He did say I would be responsible for shipping charges, that were simply a pass-through cost from Reliable Carriers.

Last edited:

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No VIN number im guessing, making it very difficult in the US to register, but easy over here :)

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to street register the the ACR-X in the first place? It's a race car! It has no interior, A/C, radio, etc. And with a full roll cage you have to climb in the thing like NASCAR, even though the door opens.
Besides, that's what the ACR is for.

What I don't get is the Voodoo. It's seems like the only difference is the funky stripe, which I do like, and some badges.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
.............What I don't get is the Voodoo........

I think the VooDoo also has the black-chrome valve-coil covers and intake manifold....at least the one at LA Auto Show and Laguna did....... Only TWENTY total, US-Canada, "pays homage to Ralph Gilles' Caribbean heritage" and makes it the most rare Special Edition Viper in hisssstory.

My bet is that "someone" here, can arrange for Ralph to autograph a commemorative Monroni for the car, if not some element of the car itself.

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone want to divulge why it isn't? And to further crush my wet dream, anyone have a MSRP on it yet?

The suggested MSRP is $110k and does NOT include transportation. FOB Detroit. MSRP subject to nominal adjustments for chosen tires and some possible options, but if you write a contract now, you should be able to lock in $110k.

It cannot be made Street legal in USA for so many reasons, mostly safety or emissions related. And the cost to retro fit it for a RISKY attempt at legalization would certainly exceed the ACR's MSRP !

I Am ACR~X ...... My Fuel Cell Is Full . . .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang