New ACR

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Dodge should provide discounts for all current Viper owners to take their Vipers to the closest track while having a few ACR's on hand to show what they can do. This will likely cause many including myself to pursue getting what is arguably the best track car on the planet. Certainly the best for the money.
I still can't believe Dodge built this car as it is a race car first and foremost and a sports car secondarily. After breaking it in, I have taken it out on some great road courses and it did not disappoint. I gave a racing instructor a ride recently (a Corvette owner) and he could not beleive the performance and handling ability of the ACR. Thanks Dodge for building quite a machine.:drive:
PAVenomRT/10

OP
OP
P

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should have put that in past tense as they should have done that in 2008. Even with the Nurburgring record in 2008, many ACR's were not sold initially. There are still few left but certainly not many.
APVenomRT/10

V

Venomiss

I think Dodge should provide discounts for all current Viper owners to take their Vipers to the closest track while having a few ACR's on hand to show what they can do. This will likely cause many including myself to pursue getting what is arguably the best track car on the planet. Certainly the best for the money.
I still can't believe Dodge built this car as it is a race car first and foremost and a sports car secondarily. After breaking it in, I have taken it out on some great road courses and it did not disappoint. I gave a racing instructor a ride recently (a Corvette owner) and he could not beleive the performance and handling ability of the ACR. Thanks Dodge for building quite a machine.:drive:
PAVenomRT/10

Actually Dodge did just that at VOI11 in Salt Lake City.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PAVRT10: come one down to carlisle & buy mine...You can then take it to the track....

OP
OP
P

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,
How can they sell a street legal version without those restrictions? For the ACRX, if there is such a car, yes, but not for ACR.:dunno:
PAVenomRT/10

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,
How can they sell a street legal version without those restrictions? For the ACRX, if there is such a car, yes, but not for ACR.:dunno:
PAVenomRT/10

I think they can build it but they'd have to pay a fine. That'd be quite a statement from Dodge though wouldn't it? The Viper could come with a big sticker on the windshield - "Dodge has built the car you want but the government fined us for it. That is why the 2013 Viper is so expensive. Write your congressman." And then there could be a list of all the politicians' contact info.

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a great car but highly doubt they will give some sort of trackday to sell cars when they're all sold....

Not sure what you mean Gilly! They certainly aren't all sold, far from it or did you mean once they are all sold? The market has been saturated, that is why their are still are unsold 2009's let alone 2010's! With the winter coming it wouldn't surprise if they incentivize the 09's, the poor dealers are getting killed carrying that inventory including the 10's. The marketing strategy at Dodge is also horrible, if they knew that a 2012 car was coming then they should have built less 2010's, it should have been obvious the market was soaked based on the slow late 08 and all 09 sales! The reason the 10's took off early is that everyone thought that was it and wanted a piece of history. Look at when the FGT market dried up then all of a sudden the plant shut down and what was left got gobbled up, no talk of another car or the build being extended made buyers realize they better jump and look at what has happened to the value of the Ford! Dodge needs to go back to marketing 101, maybe they wouldn't put the dealers in such a bind and ruin the rep of the product!! Just my .02!!!:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21