New Addition - now ready for a garage sale....

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New race car is home and tucked away, getting ready for a winter project of tweaking, adding, taking apart, putting back together, spending money... Should be an interesting experience.

3cars1.JPG

3cars3.JPG

MotorolaCupViper.JPG

Now I need to move the other 2 cars - PLEASE see the ad in the classified for both of our 1996s....

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is that the Amick/Varde car?...if so it sure has a great history of Vette stompin!!!...good luck with it..keep us posted.

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MY EYES! MY EYES! Whoever put that "hand print" paint job or decals on that Snake should be hung (slowly) and then shot.

OP
OP
Janni

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the handprints / art work on the number 50 car are decals. The car was "sponsored" by Grant-a-wish, an organization like Make-a-Wish. Terminally ill kids were invited to every Motorola Cup race event to hang out in the pits, sit in the car and have their pictures taken and autographs signed.

This is the Amick / Varde Viper that was the 2000 Motorola Cup champion.

We'll be bringing it back to white with blue stripes and most likely removing the decals to do our own sponsor decals.

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, who the heck posted that faux paux under my screen name!!!! Darn nephew of mine. (removes foot from mouth)

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Just when I was starting to feel
a little bit adaquate, along
comes Janni with pics of her
garage. I think I'll go hide in
a corner now...

ps - Janni congrats, lookin good...

dancojax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK JANNI!! Tell the truth. Are you going to drive the new car too??? If not, why are you selling your car? Don't you want to come out and play at ViperDays anymore????
P.S. I think you should be very proud of the Hand Prints. The Viper Nation shares the thrills.
P.P.S. Is that a bottle of Zaino in the first pic?

OP
OP
Janni

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, OK, I'll fess up...

Rule #1 - the seat in the race car has to remain adjustable... I *may* drive it a little. But we all know that I don't share well, so I doubt I'd be doing a lot in the new car.

Other considerations.... The yet to be numbered race car and driver will be in serious need of a crew chief / team manager. We also have a few more folks stepping up in car / competitiveness next year. I may take a year off and see what I need to do to keep those guys shiny side up and running for an entire weekend.... (Besides, I heard Pemberton might be coming around more next year and I want to be available for his brake bleeds / pad changes...)

Lastly, I have an opportunity to buy a 2003 that I want to be able to take advantage of. It's a great car and I solidified my desire to have one at the owner's invitational. So, the stars and stripes Viper has to go, too. Henry's dying to start cutting up the SRT for a roll bar, so I guess that's my track car if I decide to take it out for a few events.

Don't worry, we'll never get under 2 for the Viper count....
smile.gif

PS - dancojax - dang - I thought I cropped the Zaino out of the photo - lest I be labeled a "polisher".... Good thing my windbreaker was neatly hung up in a closet......
supergrin.gif

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, CONGRATULATIONS Janni and Henry, very beautiful. Best of luck with the new ride. I was thinking, it would be sad to just discard those special handprints. Perhaps you could get someone who could get those little handprint decals off in one piece, and maybe we could have them mounted, and framed, underglass on several VCA posters, and present them to the family of the child, that very sadly, is more than likely, no longer here to ever make those little handprints again
frown.gif

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni,

It's always fun trying to come up with creative ways to fund Viperdays through the auctions. How about offering the hand prints for sale at the banquets to raise money for the cause? Look how much Skip's battered piece raised last year. I can't imagine it would be too hard to get Joe Varde or one of the Amicks' to sign a few. I think we could have a lot of fun bidding on them. Now that Bud has seen the light he might phone in a winning bid just to redeem himself!

Congratulations on the new arrival - good luck next year!

BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Henry Cone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not paying attention for a minute and Janni is trying to claim MY new car. Oops - better not say that too loudly. She can claim it as hers as long as whe keeps letting me spend $$ on it. After all, she is the crew chief.....

This car won the Motorola Cup Super Grand Sport class in 2000 with David Amick and Joe Varde driving it. I'm doing some research on the times that it turned at various tracks. It seems to be a well engineered car that should make a good Viper Days GT-1 car with a few modifications. We also plan to run it in SCCA though it will be classified as an SPO car there.

I really am the luckiest guy in thw world - how many guys are married to someone who can crew chief a car, knows more about track prepping a Viper than most guys do, is a capable driver in her own right, and doesn't mind letting me pursue my dream of having a race car?? So as far as I'm concerned it can be her car as long as I'm the one driving it most of the time. But we do plan to leave the seat adjustable so she can get some track time in it as well.

Sonny, good idea about the hands. We'll follow up with David and Jose to see if we can work something out..

See you at Viper Days in the spring!!!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, glad to see you got the new car! It will be sad to see the others go though
frown.gif

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Janni:
Don't worry, we'll never get under 2 for the Viper count....
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll second that.