New air box

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
My car is spending the weekend at the Macedo Spa and Resort for Vipers. Stopped by Saturday to check out the new brakes and other goodies. I got to see the new air box Macedo is selling. It looks great, especially for Roe supercharged cars, the tubes have no stress on them and the box should seal out all heat from the motor. I'll be running the car Thursday at Bradenton and I will be able to report on how the new air box works.

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
It is a great looking air box, I'll take pictures as soon as I pick it up, not sure if I know how to post pictures on this forum. I'll work on it.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried their website, but didn't see the pics there. You could email them to me if you don't mind and then I could try to post them. I'm really wanting to change my K&N cone filter setup. Good luck on Thurs!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you sent more than one pic, please send them again.

248Cold_Air_Box_Painted_2-med.jpg

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The web-site is under const., how much does "the box" cost. I need to know so I can start savin'!!!!!! :2tu:

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pro-racer Are those still our filters if so,please return and replace , if you are marketing we would prefer not to have our filters on your product.Thanks....Scott..Looks good

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the PICS, Tony! We're still testing and evaluating the Airbox which means as soon as we have concrete findings, we'll post everything here. I have to admit, that is one awesome looking box, Jeff!!

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That will look weird on a car without a S/C

So if you order the box, be sure to order the S/C too ok? :ooo:

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott.....You told me before that I could keep the filters..If you have changed your mind I will order from KN new filters and send them to you. Let me know what you want me to do.

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff

If you remember correctly i told you to return with our box and you said that you had already shipped and that you would replace.I originally didnt have a problem until i realised that this would be a promoted air box.Lets face it that puts it in the vendor competition catagory.I would rather not have any of our products on there as i am sure whoever will be promoting feels the same.So please replace and return.If you need anything else call me or email me privatly

Thanks,Scott

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to open a can of worms here...but I can't see how that box is an improvement for airflow with all the bends. Maybe someone can explain this to me.

Also, Vipermed....you seem to be a stand-up guy with great ideas and products. You are no doubt a pro. But...with all due respect...please use spell-check.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to open a can of worms here...but I can't see how that box is an improvement for airflow with all the bends. Maybe someone can explain this to me.

Also, Vipermed....you seem to be a stand-up guy with great ideas and products. You are no doubt a pro. But...with all due respect...please use spell-check.

Never start a sentence with but. :rolleyes:

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MATT.....Who ever said any thing about airflow improvements? The purpose of this box is to bring COOLER air into the throttle bodies. This box seals off the hood at the NACA duct and flows the air directly into the induction system. It doesn't matter the route the air takes, or if the engine is N/A or force inducted. Cooler air is cooler air. We improved RWHP on this car by 13HP and RWTQ by 18FT LBS.....Besides we custom made this for my car. IT WORKS...By the way the only reason I had to design my own box is because the one I bought didn't fit and weighed 30 + Lbs.

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MATT.....Who ever said any thing about airflow improvements? The purpose of this box is to bring COOLER air into the throttle bodies. This box seals off the hood at the NACA duct and flows the air directly into the induction system. It doesn't matter the route the air takes, or if the engine is N/A or force inducted. Cooler air is cooler air. We improved RWHP on this car by 13HP and RWTQ by 18FT LBS.....Besides we custom made this for my car. IT WORKS...By the way the only reason I had to design my own box is because the one I bought didn't fit and weighed 30 + Lbs.

Jeff

If you are referring to our box,it in the ceramic version which you had weighs 21 lbs...we now offer one in aluminum that weighs 11 lbs and we also have one in C.F that weighs 3-5 lbs.And they also fit great.The box you returned was put into a 00 with a gibson radiator and upgraded P.S cooler with no problems. Not taking anything away from your box,it looks great.fits in great with your under hood design.Sorry for the bad spelling.I have just recently incorporated my second hand into my typing and it gets ahead of me.Spell check what a novel idea :D As far as the filters just find whatever fits to yours and return the originals to us.Thanks

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I drove my supercharged Viper quite a bit yesterday with the new box, went to test and tune but an ignition problem had me breaking up a little bit, did not solve it before the end of the night. On the ride home (2 hours) car felt stronger in all gears. One interesting benefit, before the new airbox you could barely hear the supercharger from the cockpit, with the new airbox there is that "oh so pleasant" whistle sound. I have to believe that if I can hear the supercharger more now, that the new airbox must have removed some obstruction in the airflow path. I'll post when I have some dyno and track numbers.

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
www.SBFILTERS.COM

looks nice, how did everyone run last night john? i was loading up my car when i got hit with a case of lazy ass. so i played video games at the house instead, good way to relive stress too and costs $0