New BlownGTS owner, Tomk

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tom flew in last night to do all the final paperwork. Stand up guy that I would hope the VCA welcomes with open arms. BlownGTS has been detuned to Tom's specs(750 RWHP) on 93 octane. This was the first car I have sold that I questioned whether or not I was doing the right thing. At least it is going to someone who will actually drive and enjoy the damn thing. Not sure what is next, other than putting a supercharger on CTS-V, probably sit tight until the coupe is available (going to be a long 12-18 months) :( . Matt

Tommy K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Matt,

Thanks again for the smooth transaction. This car will be well loved. I'm still at Underground Racing, and I must say, they have exceeded my expectations as well. Took the car out late yesterday and was very pleased. Also, went for a ride in Brian A's beast. That is by far the smoothest driving race/street car I've ever been in. We drove through downtown Charlotte without a hitch...in fact, you couldn't tell at all it had 1200hp until they got on it. OH MY GOD, that car is just sick! The car is scary fast...I mean really. My 750 feels lame compared to that car. I'm sure I'll be back to have the H/C done. The tune is awesome on these cars, and whoever has a car like this in the pipeline is going to be VERY,VERY pleased.

Tony, I'm glad to hear you're as concerned as I was. Even though this is my third Viper, I did not hesitate when I said DE-tune it for me. It is extremely tractable though, and has great street characteristics. Can't wait for it to show up in Tampa. btw, the slicks were included!

Tom

Tommy K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ian,
I'll field that one. They are very lucky here in NC. There are gas stations here with 100 octane in the pumps.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ian,
I'll field that one. They are very lucky here in NC. There are gas stations here with 100 octane in the pumps.

That would be SO nice. We have a few pumps around drag strips with race fuel, but thats about it. However, you can run up the local air port and get a BP fuel that used to be called 100LL.
Congrats and good luck with that beautiful car! I saw it run in Columbus. :2tu:

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,

Thanks again for the smooth transaction. This car will be well loved. I'm still at Underground Racing, and I must say, they have exceeded my expectations as well. Took the car out late yesterday and was very pleased. Also, went for a ride in Brian A's beast. That is by far the smoothest driving race/street car I've ever been in. We drove through downtown Charlotte without a hitch...in fact, you couldn't tell at all it had 1200hp until they got on it. OH MY GOD, that car is just sick! The car is scary fast...I mean really. My 750 feels lame compared to that car. I'm sure I'll be back to have the H/C done. The tune is awesome on these cars, and whoever has a car like this in the pipeline is going to be VERY,VERY pleased.

Tony, I'm glad to hear you're as concerned as I was. Even though this is my third Viper, I did not hesitate when I said DE-tune it for me. It is extremely tractable though, and has great street characteristics. Can't wait for it to show up in Tampa. btw, the slicks were included!

Tom

I saw Brian Anderson's yellow monster in Shreveport and it's the first time I ever heard a Corsa exhaust that I liked. That thing sounds like the hounds of hell are living inside the motor. I don't know what you do with power like that except try and stay alive. Congrats on a very nice ride, I'm sure the 750 RWHP will keep you from geting run off the road. :2tu: :usa:

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,

Tom

Tom
It was a pleasure meeting you. You've got a sweet ride. I know Underground is gonna miss that car. Tampa better watch out there's a new kid in town :D

Thanks for the kind words about my car. Underground built me a monster of a car. Not only will it shine at the track but, I can cruise around town just like a stock car as you've witnessed. Your car is certainly no slouch and with the proper tuning it's proven to be very fast.

Shelby3
Do we need cars this fast?? NO
Do we want them this fast?? Hell Yea :D as long as they are loud.
What's the status of yours? Is it up and running yet? PM me.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See Brian there is even more reason to move to Florida all the fast snakes are gathering around the Tampa Bay area.

Tommy K glad to see you back into a Viper again... Congrats on the new Faaaaaast snake.

Cudaman :usa:

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See Brian there is even more reason to move to Florida all the fast snakes are gathering around the Tampa Bay area.

Tommy K glad to see you back into a Viper again... Congrats on the new Faaaaaast snake.

Does the future hold a second home for me in Florida???????

Ya never know :cool: :D

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does the future hold a second home for me in Florida???????

Ya never know :cool: :D

Drive the Viper year round ... :2tu: .... hmmmmmmmm

and have the second home (in Florida) making that mortgage payment during our season.....it sounds like a wise investment to me. I have planted a seed ....will it grow.

Tommy K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All I know is that the best weather for the year is just ahead of us. Bradenton is going to be awesome this year. In the past, it's been a decent track for traction. Let's hope for some good air...50's and high pressure.

Brian, your car runs so smooth, that I'm already pondering doing the heads/cam/intake...it hasn't even been 12 hours since I left it. Somebody calm me down...

Ward, thanks man. I look forward to seeing the M2 crew again. I always thought your car was just a set of 3.31's away from 9's...as it sits :shocked:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ward, thanks man. I look forward to seeing the M2 crew again. I always thought your car was just a set of 3.31's away from 9's...as it sits :shocked:

I had them in it and then took them out and put in 3.07's....maybe I put them back in. :confused:

Tommy K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know Albert C. back in the day ran 9.6's I think at 150 in his silver RT...he ran the 3.31's and stayed in fourth. I guess a lot depends on whether the track can hook up first gear. Lots of VHT please!!

Tom

SilverBlueGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1033 rear wheel hp - WOW! Is that on supercharger boost only or is that with a shot of nitrous? Congrats on that huge number any way you got it.

What kind of turnaround times does Underground have to build something like that? I had considered sending a car to DLM in the past but didnt want to wait the 6-24 months.

Please let me know thanks!

Tommy K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's all BOOST. More in it too I think. Maybe Brian will chime in on the tune. I'm telling you...we drove it around downtown Charlotte, and you could NOT tell it was 1033 to the wheels. Unbelievably smooth. Scary as HELL when they step on it though. True Jekyll and Hyde. Better than any rollercoaster. Call Kevin at Underground @704-361-3443, he has had great turn times, and prices that can't be beat. I'm thrilled...if you couldn't tell.
Tom
pm me if you want to talk...I'll shoot you my number. :2tu:

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The engine is built w/a Paxton setup. Currently we have a conservative tune in it. Their is certainly more power available with a more aggressive tune. Underground can usually do a custom blower set up in two weeks. My car took two months doing all the engine work. The main wait was due to the heads taking a month and a half to come back. Once they got all parts needed back they assembled the engine and the custom blower setup in 2 weeks. When I say custom blower setup I mean they do their own fuel sys, fans, and bracketry, etc... My car is virtually just a driveable as it was stock and equal to that when I had my Roe blower on. PM me with your number and we'll talk. :2tu:

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TommyK

Do the motor, Do the motor, Do the motor, I know I'm a bad influence. Your wife's not gonna let you hang with me. :D

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tommy,

I agree. If it is an option at all do the motor while it is still in Charlotte. It will be even harder to send it back once you get it down to Tampa. I can beat on Kevin for you to get the best price. Matt

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tommy,

I agree. If it is an option at all do the motor while it is still in Charlotte. It will be even harder to send it back once you get it down to Tampa. I can beat on Kevin for you to get the best price. Matt

Don't you beat on my tuner!! :D :D

Tommy K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BTW Brian, I just ordered a couple of Roe Racing clutch mod kits. They are on their way to UGR today. One is yours. I had it on my other two cars, and it definitely helps bring that peddle down.

You guys aren't making it easy...
Tom ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960