New coupe just lost another 25 lbs.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Lowered both seats over the weekend.

Pulled both the OE seat tracks out and weighed them. Total = 31 lbs.

Weighed new 2-inch seat lowering brackets. Total just less than 6 lbs.

Installed them and love the new, lower seating position. Also seem to get a better feel for the car.

Dan :2tu:

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Installed them and love the new, lower seating position. Also seem to get a better feel for the car.

is the lowering just for tall people, or can someone like me 5'4 benefit from this lowering?

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Wow... What is it about the OEM tracks that makes them so heavy?

OP
OP
Viper X

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
SylvanSRT and SSuburn are correct.

The factory seat mounting brackets are super sturdy and heavy, likely for safety.

I really don't like the fact that with the OE seat mounting brackets, the inboard seat belt attaches to the seat itself rather than the tunnel. When you install racing harnesses in our cars, the attachment points are directlly to pre-drilled and tapped holes in the tunnel on one side and in the sill on the other side. Though I'm no automotive engineer, this would seem to be much safer.

Twinturbo,

I don't think I'd lower the seat if I were 5'4", though my wife has no problems driving my car and she's only 5'8".

I'm 6'4" and form me, the 2-inch seat lowering kit was a must.

Dan

OP
OP
Viper X

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Northwind Engineering's 2-inch kit.

No, it doesn't move and I don't need to move it forward or rearward, the pedals adjust for shorter people and I just leave the pedals all the way in and the seat all the way back. Very comfortable compared to OE.

They do offer a 1-inch lowering kit that slides.

Dan

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, congrats on your new coupe! Love that color, but ran out of $'s to move up. We're heading to Vegas this morning to meet the driver from Woodhouse and pick up our 2nd red/silver. Sent my KW's and some other parts to them for install. looking forward to the drive back today, it's been since 11/12 since I drove the totalled car. Hope to catch up with you guys soon!
Mike