New direction for club 2011

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In keeping with the communication theme I will try and post all emails to the forums as well. Please feel free to discuss these emails openly in the forums.

email sent 04/15/2011 to all members
I would like to thank Jason Tiefenauer for his service as President of our region and show my appreciation for everything he has done for our club. This is where I ask for a big round of applause... And as you all know I didn't get the position in a drag race... if we raced Jason's transmission would give out and my fuel pump would overheat before the 1/4 mile was over!

But all joking aside I am only in the position as interim president, until the next elections. This is by no means a Coup d'état. If you like the way the club is headed the next few months I hope I can count on your vote in the next election. Several things will change but many will stay the same. I would like to get all members ACTIVE and VOCAL. You pay good money to be a member, make every dollar count. As an example- if you dislike the spirited driving in the hill country but LOVE show and shine events, please let me know. I am here to listen to everyone and try and make it YOUR club. There may not be something you like every month but I encourage you to join every month anyway, you may like it, but if not you are still with your Viper family and always welcome.

Below are some brief notes for a new club outline:

Activities
A VCA event will be held (at least) on or about the second Saturday
of every month
All members are encouraged to host a particular month
do what YOU enjoy and bring the rest of us along to enjoy it with
you

Communication

In addition to a car event I would like a social event every quarter to introduce new members and sponsors (dinner and fund raiser)
Social 'Town Hall Meeting' events have been missing over the years and I believe are KEY to a strong bond between members.

Fundraiser

We NEED to raise some funds for our budget, our region only gets a small portion of your dues
Fund raisers need to be organized (any volunteers?)
Pay-pal account for the region will be set up
Donations of any kind will be accepted, from old parts to cash donations
Encourage sponsorship with INCREASED participation- (belief that if you show up to events Sponsors will join us and fund MORE events.)

Membership

Membership drive needs to always be on your mind
See a Viper leave a note on the windshield with your info or mine- lets get participation UP

South Central Texas Round Up

The Round Up will stay in Austin for the foreseeable future, I spoke to Ryan Fox about this and as long as he is willing to organize it, it will be his baby

Texas Regional Rendezvous

A second yearly event I am designing for the Fall will also take place, the 'Texas Regional Rendezvous'
This event will be hosted by one of the three regions yearly
Inaugural year will be in our backyard
A committee will need to be formed for this at the end of each hosting year and a budget planned etc..

Participation

I would like to have ALL members active at least on our page of the VCA forums. Click HERE for South Central VCA forum page
Attend every event, make the effort to come out every second Saturday, even if you do not join the drive, lunch, event- come out and socialize.
I can not emphasis enough how much participation will play a role in the next few months of this club. Please make it a habit to block off a few hours every second Saturday.

Elections

If you are interested in a position on the board please let it be known, more details will come out soon.

As I said before this is just an outline of changes to come, it is up to all the members to contribute as well. Without participation no club will survive. I would like to see membership double and participation quadruple by the end of the year. That is my goal.

As a side note I know this has been forced down all of your email but if you have not renewed your membership please be aware the memberships are for CALENDAR years, if you bought a membership in September of 2010, it expired December 31st 2010. Membership is key to this club.

I will announce the May 14th event very soon, I have been putting it together for several weeks now and I hope you all will enjoy the heck out of it!

Again, a BIG thank you to Jason Tiefenauer for all his services, I will do my best to continue the club in the positive direction he has pointed us in.

Kurt Robinson (TexasTonka)
President, South Central Texas VCA
South Central Texas VCA
or visit us on the VCA Forums by clicking here

Texas 97 GTS B/W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll do what I can to help. Thanks for taking the reins for awhile.

THANK YOU, JASON, FOR DOING A GREAT JOB WHILE YOU WERE
EL PRESIDENTE!

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be nice to see a Gen 3 or Gen 4 President in Central Texas for a change...oh well, guess we know where the talent lies...with the Gen 1 and 2 crowd :eater:

Last edited:

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be nice to see a Gen 3 or Gen 4 President in Central Texas for a change...oh well, guess we know where the talent lies...with the Gen 1 and 2 crowed :eater:

Looks like the Gen I talent CROWD needs to learn to use spell check.... :rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Would be nice to see a Gen 3 or Gen 4 President in Central Texas for a change...oh well, guess we know where the talent lies...with the Gen 1 and 2 crowd :eater:

Umm, us Gen 4 owners are too busy playing with the power windows and getting the A/C set just right to worry about such matters. That's why we rely on you Gen 1 guys.:D

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Umm, us Gen 4 owners are too busy playing with the power windows and getting the A/C set just right to worry about such matters. That's why we rely on you Gen 1 guys.:D

Ouch! Even us Gen II guys have them electric window doohickys... A/C is easy to set- full blast 100% of the time to counteract the extreme heat!:smirk:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21