New Dodge Viper Accessory - Speed Sensitive Volume Control

3wide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar Accessories has just released Speed Sensitive Volume Control for Dodge Vipers. The volume of the vehicles audio system will increase or decrease based on vehicle speed. A unique accessory that is perfect for customers who drive their Viper with the top down or have modified exhaust.

P/N 82210253 - Speed Sensitive Volume Control
MSRP: $235*
*Does not include installation

Best Regards,
3wide

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always defeat this feature on any stereo that has it (including the Gen 2s) because it seems to sound like trash, when the system steps in and tries to up the volume. Chances are you probably have it maxed to the highest volume that sounds good, and then the stereo tries to up it, when you roll ******* your car, and it sounds like ***, forcing you to try to turn down the stereo WHILE your trying to stab the go juice pedal.

my 2 cents

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speed sensitive volume control is extremely annoying. Has it in my 911. I would find it made the stereo too loud when you already had it set at a comfortable level.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Baz, You can just turn it off on the Gen2s, by pushing the button marked "AVC" on the lower left. It increments through "off, AVC1, and AVC2" as you keep pushing it. Why would you need to disconnect the speed feedback to the stereo to disable it?

Its not like it matters, I'm just "sayin'", ya know? :)