New Dynamic Front Coil Overs

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
New Dynamic Front Coil Overs Worth??

I have 2 new front Dynamic Coil Overs that were suppose to be for my 02 ACR. I'm wondering what they are worth, as I might be selling them. My rears are leaking and instead of getting my stock rear Dynamic's rebuilt and replacing my fronts with my new ones, I'm looking at swapping them out for something different.
Does anyone have an idea of what they are worth? I called a local dealer and he said they are no longer available but he game me the price of what they were when they were available.
I tried posting a pic lets see if it will go through.

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How old are they? Seals can get brittle just sitting on the shelf. And were they stored in an indoor climate sans air conditioning? Which is better on seals than your attic.

Reason I ask is brand new parts that have deteriorated while sitting there are worth no more than used parts that have deteriorated while in use.

OP
OP
J

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good question. I bought the car almost 2 years ago. The guy I bought the car off gave them to me and said he had just bought them a couple months prior to that. So my guess is that they are about 2 years but less then 3. They have been stored in doors. He had them in his house and I have kept them in my house.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a premium condition part. Let the bidding begin...

$200 (Really.) One has to assume that they will need rebuilding. They have been in storage for 10 years, most likely. I really do not know what they are worth. I have been in the same position as you. My rears needed to be rebuilt soon after buying the car (2006). I did not check out the fronts until several years later when I had some handling issues. The rears needed rebuilding again. I decided to go with something different.

OP
OP
J

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I can tell you that I will never sell them for $200 if that is all they are worth. And maybe they are. But I'll through them in the garbage before that. I do know that the dealer told me they were worth 1300 each when they were available. Now I know that is way over what they are worth. And I wasn't even looking to get that for both. I do remember seeing a full set Used on eBay for 999 just a little while ago. Maybe I should contact a couple salvage yards and see what they say. Maybe I just got to 2 big cool looking paper weights!!!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not find out if they can be rebuilt and how much that cost is, including shipping etc, then find out how much a replacement pair would cost. and then price them somewhere in the middle? You may want to sell them, but Its a buyers market, you may have to wait a while for them to sell if you price them too high.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My recommendation is to hold them until people start restoring cars to original specification, or, maybe someone who buys an ACR with newer shocks might want these if they can locate rears. Either that, or put them on eBay with a reserve that would be somewhere higher than the throw away price. For all we know, there is a buyer sitting out there with the money you want , just looking for these. You do have possibly 400 potential buyers out there somewhere.

OP
OP
J

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have read some old post about rebuilding them. And have a company's name, but I think I would just rather pull them and replace them. I don't track the car and I don't see it happening anytime soon. So a little less stiff set up would be nice. As far as selling them goes, I wouldn't mind selling them but have no idea what to even ask. As far as sitting on them, i'll sit on them rather than give them away.
I guess if it comes down to it I could rebuild the rears, keep my fronts and buy some Eiback springs to soften it up and lower it.:dunno:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
J

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you know about changing the rear OEM rear rate springs from 1100 to 800 lb ? (mentioned here recently: http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/655821-2002-ACR-Dynamic-Suspension-Tuning-Advice )

I did that to my car and thought that made the ride totally acceptable. Everyone has there own calibration for "good ride."

Thanks for the info. I did read about guys doing this. And the 1100 to 800 lb is what I think the Eiback are. I don't mind a ruff ride. I actually enjoy it. But my stock set up seems to hard. It's to stiff which makes it feel like it bounces. But at leats with them being adjustable Eibacks or stock I am able to lower it the inch I am looking for.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960