New England and Canadian Fall Get Away September 21st-23rd

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

New England VCA Fall Get Away at The Balsams Resort / September 21st-23rd, 2007

Balsams.jpg

Attention New England and Canadian Viper Club of America Members- The sign-up for this event has greatly exceeded last years numbers. It looks like we will have a very nice size group of VCA Members to hang out with. The Dixsville Notch area and the Balsam's Resort is a great place to relax. Bird watchers, golfers, tennis enthusiasts, a game room, comedy show...there is plenty to do. Not to mention our scenic cruise of the White Mountain National Forest on Saturday. The Moose outnumber the State Troopers, and are more Viper friendly (...no worries I do brake for the Moosies).

What you see is what you get, this Resort is in the middle of Dixsville Notch. The nearest town is 10 miles away. If you want peace, this place is full of it.

We will be dining at the Resorts Five Star Restaurant on Saturday Night. Dress is required in the dining room- Gentlemen bring a Jacket or Suit.

It's not to late to call and make your reservation.Mention the Viper Club!

Phone toll free in the continental U.S. and Canada at 1-877-BALSAMS (1-877-225-7267).

Thanks,-Jeff Torrey / VCA- New England

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update - This event is fast approaching. Last week I called to check on availability and the Hotel is completely sold out. If you want in, the only way is to contact Andras Kovacs [email protected] He has paid for five extra rooms for his Club members, and I believe he has 2 rooms left.

Right now we have 22 Vipers Registered for this event. If the weather co-operated there will be more than pictures, heck they should make a movie. I can hardly wait to get this party started!

Andras- Many thanks...and I am looking forward to seeing my friends from Canada!:drive:

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There will be more then 25 Vipers participating in this event !

It will something very spectacular.
I am still getting calls regarding room reservation. Unfortunately we are sold out !

There are some other hotels in the area. If you want to attend the event book a room in one of the Motels !

Saturday the weather will be warm and sunny.
If you have time have a ride with us around the area.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Balsams Trip

Notes:
If you don't have a reservation and want to go... call the Hotel. There may be some last minute availability 1-877-BALSAMS (1-877-225-7267).
Pack your family radios if you have them (a good way to communicate on the cruise).
You need a Sport Coat or Suit Jacket to eat in the main dining room Saturday Night.
I suggest you bring your Official Viper Club of America Name tags, we are expecting 50 people. This will help other people to know your name.
Weather expected to be perfect. Bring a coat, mornings are cooler in the North Country.
Bring a camera.
Lets make a extra effort to make the Canadian feel right at home.

Friday Night:

Cocktail Reception/Cash Bar in "The Cave" (room adjacent to registration) from 6:30 to 7:30
Appetizers and Dinner in The Tavern from 7:30 on. You can choose from anything on the pub menu.

Saturday Morning:

Breakfast Available at your convenience in the main dining room.
10:30 Meeting in the Main lobby for our Cruise through the Great North Woods of New Hampshire. Fall Foliage at near peak.
12:30 Lunch in Gorham, NH at The Pizza Restaurant. - Sandwiches, Pizza and plenty of drink choices.
3:30 return to The Balsams to rest and relax.
7:00 Formal Dinner in the main dining room (second seating).
After dinner activaties may be available (will check with the front desk on Friday).

Sunday:

Breakfast Available at your convenience in the main dining room.
Check out and head for home.

***** Please check in with me if you are Registered for this event.

***** Please let me know if your interested in driving up together.

I am looking forward to this weekend. This is going to be awesome!!!!! See you all Friday night.

NEVCA Guest list:

Glenn and Maria C
Peter and Ann W
Mark and Cathy N
Mark and Francine H
Joe and Donna M
Rod and Sharon H
Jeff and Vicky T
Rick and Paula D
Mike and Terry P
Bill and Cathy L

Plus the Canadians:

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys
Paula and I had a great time this weekend. For anyone who couldn't make it, I hate to say it but you missed a perfic weekend.There was a great showing from Canada, there must of been 12 or 13 that made there way down to the Balsams. The weather was awesome , beautiful scenery, and topped it all off,Joe lead the pack of 25 vipers on a 4 hour cruise. It seemed like there was almost no traffic, People pulling over for us , and people stopped in there tracks to see us come by. I saw one lady sticking her head out a window. And the hotel even let us park our cars around there awesome flower garden.:2tu:. Jeff I'm sure everyone who was there would agree with me, on an awesome job you did this weekend. Hats off to you, job well done. Thank You Rick and Paula

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pics!!! Glad you all had good weather, and that the Canadian folk were able to come down....we'd love to see pics once someone can post them! ~juli

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, pics!

We had a great time as well. Not sure if I'm tired from laughing all weekend, or because we closed the tavern last night.

Rick, GREAT idea doing a photo shoot around the main garden. Can't wait to see some of the pictures we took of that.

For those of you that have pics, please send them to me. As you know our camera died on us Friday night. Thanks to everyone for such a great time.

Rod, hope your weekend ended better than it started.

Jeff, THANKS for putting this one on! The Friday night reception was another good addition.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got some pictures and I'll try to get a few uploaded tonight.

Joe- This was a team effort and I couldn't have done it without your help.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had 23 Viper Owners that stayed for the weekend. There were 25 Vipers for Saturdays' Cruise through the Great North Woods Region of New Hampshire and Maine. We had 44 guests for dinner Friday and 46 for Saturday.

Basically we took over the Hotel, they treated us like Royalty, and I had the time of my life. There will be more pictures that surface of the cruise, our staging on the Lawn, and pictures at dinner.

The weather was perfect, the food and service was fabulous. It was everything I had hoped it could be and more.

Special thanks to everyone who attended... The New England VCA and The Quebec VCA.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wowwww....great pictures!!! Glad you had such a good turnout with your club, Jeff and the Quebec club as well. Thanx for the gorgeous pictures~~~juli

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960