New England VCA Auto-Cross Sat August 4th

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys- This years Auto-Cross Program Starts on Saturday August 4th @ FT. Devens in Shirley, MA

You need to Pre-Register for the event. This is a joint event with the SVT Mustang Cobra Club, the advantage being that they set up the course. For Viper Club members it's an arrive and drive situation.

These events do sell out, so please register ASAP.

Here is the link for Registering: http://www.svtcobraclub.com/indexfiles/2007-SCMC-FT_Devens-AutoX.pdf Print it out, fill it out and mail it in with a check.

The contact person at the SVT Cobra Club is Pat Madigan [email protected] ...or direct your questions to Tim Cloutier : [email protected]

* Please contact Tim to let him know you are interested. We're hoping for 6-10 Vipers to participate. Everyone who has done the Auto-Cross at FT Devens has had a blast! It's 3 miles of airport runway, perfect for letting your Viper loose. Without putting yourself or your car at risk. Basically you get 4 runs in the morning, break for lunch... and do 4 runs in the afternoon.

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Tim I'm in . Whos going.Come on guys this is a great way to see how your car can handle. Someone has to beat Shawn this year.RICK

TopGear

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just mailed payment... I will be there... trying to think were else I can shove my camera...hmm

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weather man is calling for a great weekend. Keep your fingers crossed.

BTW, I think the wife is going to this one as well. How about the rest of you guys? You're not going to let my wife show you up are you?

TopGear

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TopGear = Shawn

Just got confirmation email today I am in.

Rick if you want we can hook the camera up in your car if you want some footage.

Meeting Nick and possiblly Joe at the chelmsford rest area at 7am if anyone wants to meet up and drive in together.

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TopGear = Shawn

Just got confirmation email today I am in.

Rick if you want we can hook the camera up in your car if you want some footage.

Meeting Nick and possiblly Joe at the chelmsford rest area at 7am if anyone wants to meet up and drive in together.
Hi Top Gear
I bought a camera and a bullet camera. Maybe you can help me set it up . Having a hard time figuring it out .

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I just got an update from Pat Madigan from the Cobra club who is running the Auto-x on Saturday at Ft. Devens in Ma. There are still a few spots left for Saturday, Aug 4th. If anyone is interested who hasn't signed up let me know ASAP and I may be able to get you in. Hurry!!! This is a great course set up for cobra's, vette's, and vipers. There is instructor, Paul, who also is a viper owner, who will ride with you and give you pointers if you want. This is a great opportunity to really drive your Viper. The course is about 1 1/2
miles in length. Top speed can reach over 80mph. This is great for an Auto-x course. See you guys on Saturday. Tim

sweet gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
awesome video Sean!!! :drive: that was a great day!!! HOT HOT HOT:omg: can't wait to do it again. Great group of people made for a great learning experience.

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shawn
That was sweet. For all that didn't make it , it was an awesome time. I think it was a 200 degrees out on the track, it was HOT!!!!!!!:crazy2: .Didn't get all the results, But I think shawn beat me by 1/10 of a second, that was not without the handicap 3 seconds I owe him.DAMM:dunno: there is always next year. Shawn you did a real nice job as usual on the video. If you didn't make it you should try to make next year, we had the most viper there this year. I think about 10 vipers.:2tu:

TopGear

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the times are in Rick... looks like I had a 130.85 and you had a 131.97. Good stuff. Always a battle!

Tom...thanks for letting me use your helmet. I owe you a bottle of Febreze!

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shawn
That was sweet. For all that didn't make it , it was an awesome time. I think it was a 200 degrees out on the track, it was HOT!!!!!!!:crazy2: .Didn't get all the results, But I think shawn beat me by 1/10 of a second, that was not without the handicap 3 seconds I owe him.DAMM:dunno: there is always next year. Shawn you did a real nice job as usual on the video. If you didn't make it you should try to make next year, we had the most viper there this year. I think about 10 vipers.:2tu:

We will have a second auto-cross in September this year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960