New! Fully Adjustable Proportional Valve Kit NonABS

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another great product from Dave's Viper Shop :usa:
This kit works with all Non ABS Vipers, comes with new S/S prebent lines,an a fully adjustable valve, a new distribution block, and mounting bracket.

No more playing removing parts from the old block(didn't work anyway)This kit bolts right in place of the old parts.

For those that want to upgrade to the newer ABS M/C, I also have prebent s/s lines for that mod. ABS master cylinders sold seperately OEM.

The ABS version
4459ProValveKit_017-med.jpg

The non ABS version
4459ProValveKit_018-med.jpg

Here's a list of other great products:
SRT Big Brake Bracket Kits for Gen2's
Custom E-Brake Kits for 13" & 14" Rotors (even SRT/10's with 18" wheels)
Custom DOT S/S Brakeline Kits Clear Coated
Porsche Air Deflectors
Custom 4 point DOM rollbars GTS only
SRT Fog Light Kit for Gen2's

Prices for either kit is $175.00
Call 858-382-4713 PDT, or email [email protected]
Pay_pal ok

Dealers welcome
These products can also be purchased from
Archer Racing
Tators Dodge
DC Performance
West Coast Viper

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dave:

I don't see a disclaimer that this should be used for off road use only. If not, everyone needs to be aware that this device can void your insurance. If you are in an accident and the insurance adjuster finds this device on your car, they will void your claim and your policy.

This device is traditionally used on track by engineers and for tuners offering brake solutions that weren't designed to work with the OE master cylinder. If you adjust this device incorrectly and put too much bias to your rear brakes, you DO NOT want to know what can happen when your car swaps ends in traffic.

Be very careful when putting a device like this on your car. Stop Tech has designed all of their brakes to use the OE master cylinder on ALL of the brake solutions. Its the difference between engineering and work arounds.

Let the buyer beware...

Brad

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can you provide proof on the voided insurance if this is installed?

Can they void it for other things installed?

Or is this the thing urban legends are made from?

Where can I look to find the info?

Thanks,
Carl

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can you provide proof on the voided insurance if this is installed?

Can they void it for other things installed?

Or is this the thing urban legends are made from?

Where can I look to find the info?

Thanks,
Carl

Where do you get this urban legend BS? ASK YOUR INSURANCE AGENT IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME! I have several friends in the auto insurance business... including adjusters.

If you even had a clue as to what this device could do if adjusted incorrectly, you wouldn't be asking me these questions. Do your homework!

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I get the Urban Legend stuff 'cause your pulling this stuff out your @ss.

If what you said is true then they could void insurance for any modification made from aftrmarket wheels to lift kits to brake pads. There is no regulated control over aftermarket stuff, therefore it is all legally the same.

If you don't want it, don't buy it. Just don't spout off opinions as fact. It make you sound like a Tookie supporter.

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I get the Urban Legend stuff 'cause your pulling this stuff out your @ss.

If what you said is true then they could void insurance for any modification made from aftrmarket wheels to lift kits to brake pads. There is no regulated control over aftermarket stuff, therefore it is all legally the same.

If you don't want it, don't buy it. Just don't spout off opinions as fact. It make you sound like a Tookie supporter.

Do I know you Cat? If not, why is the world are you making this personal. Your IQ is truly coming out here.

FACT #1: IF YOU DIAL IN TOO MUCH BIAS TO YOUR REAR BRAKES AND YOU GET INTO A LOCK UP SITUATION, YOUR CAR WILL BREAK INTO A SPIN AND SWAP ENDS. If you would like to put this device on and turn all of your bias to your rear brakes, we can head out to Buttonwillow Raceway and prove this fact. I have over 32 years of track time under my belt and I have seen this happen on many occasions.

FACT #2: FARMERS INSURANCE WILL VOID YOUR CLAIM AND CANCEL YOUR POLICY IF YOU ARE IN AN COLLISION AND YOUR CAR IS FOUND TO HAVE THIS DEVICE ON IT.

If you want to continue to make this a personal issues, email me at [email protected].

This is what I get when I try to contribute to this forum and bring up some real issues regarding safety and using track devices on a street car. If this were a widely accepted and safe device, then why isn't there a single manufacturer that offers this as an option on their OE cars?

It is because of users like this that I no longer participate on this forum. I am done with your rudeness and this thread.

Have a great Christmas.

Brad

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rudeness????

Look in your reply, you were the one yelling. I simply asked for facts, not opinions. I dispute the fact that your insurance can be canceled from this one device.

There are more factors than this bias valve that can have an adverse effect on braking.

I would be surprised that folks want to buy this a "bling". I suspect those that are, know what it does. If not, Dave would gladly explain I'm sure.

Race pads **** when cold. Having the weight bias/weight jack wrong on a car can cause premature rear lockup. Shock rebound rates can affect braking performance.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My understanding is that you only adjust bias AWAY from your rear brakes (if it is installed on the rear brake line as intended). Is this correct? You can't give your car more pressure than what it had from the factory, right? so how can this affect your insurance? The big brake kits can DEFINITELY put more braking in the rear without this valve, so theoretically every street car with a big brake kit will have its insurance policy canceled.
Doesn't make sense.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty simple Carl is correct and Brad is dead wrong. This belief is the reason why the insurance companys can make ANY excuse to screw you when you have an accident. As much as I hate lawyers, they will be needed in any situation where the insurance companys are involved.

Dave, great product :2tu:

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My understanding is that you only adjust bias AWAY from your rear brakes (if it is installed on the rear brake line as intended). Is this correct? You can't give your car more pressure than what it had from the factory, right? so how can this affect your insurance?

The factory valves are set to limit rear line pressure from the get-go. If you put an aftermarket adjustable valve on the car, the break-over pressure can start much higher up when the knob is screwed down. It will still proportion f/r line pressure at a constant slope gradient.

Many different things can influence braking: With the old o-ring or spring removal trick, the balance ratio is dictated by piston area difference f/r. There's still a major (but somewhat reduced) tendency to lock the fronts. Upping the rear piston area gives more stopping force with a given line pressure, but requires more fluid displacement. The OEM MC has major problems with this if you move the 4-*** OEMs to the back and go to 6-*** fronts. Experimenting with mismatched brake compounds also affects the braking force ratio. Varying tire width f/r makes a difference in braking performance.

Brad, while you make a valid point, I think you are being a bit of an alarmist.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Psst. 40mm rear brake calipers don't need adjustable proportioning valves. (Sorry, Dave, just had to.)

Brad, you are mixing two things up - proportioning valves are used when aftermarket front and rear caliper balance doesn't match the OE proportioning valve, not the OE master cylinder. And doesn't StopTech sell a four-piston four caliper setup? I'll bet you need a proportioning valve, like this one, with it.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I happen to be a lawyer who does insurance law. READ your policy. If there is no 'EXCLUSION' provision in the policy which addresses this, then they can't cancel your policy (unless they want to get spanked by a lawyer like me! Hard!) Simple. ;)

Caveat- There is often an exclusion for vehicles designed 'primarily for use off public roads' that might apply if you have full blown race car. Not applicable here, since you wouldn't need this kit if you did have one, right?

PS-Most ins agents don't have a clue about the product they sell, and you are traversing a slippery slope to rely on one about anything. Insurance policies, however, are governed by 'plain language' rules, which means 'it means what it says.'

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Most ins agents don't have a clue about the product they sell, and you are traversing a slippery slope to rely on one about anything"............LOL like lawyers are better to rely on HA HA HA do they teach you that in law school

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SO far so good. Took it for a ride after install, definately needed that valve. No rear lock-up now. Looking forward to the track to fine tune.

Thanks Dave

Andrew