New Garage Pics with Viper - Racedeck

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought my first house in Annapolis,MD.

Brand new house, I painted the garage, built a custom wall to cover up the ugly cement and put some floor molding all around. Finished it up with some racedeck.com flooring.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GORGEOUS~!! Both car AND that floor!!!
(Why are you still listed as an enthusiast? PM your VIN# to lee00blacksilvergts or kcobean to get upgraded to VIPER OWNER!!!) ~juli

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used VCT (Vinyl Color Tile - like you find in schools, hospitals, etc.). It looks real good and it's CHEAP - about $1/sq ft installed. You can resurface it and polish it almost endlessly.

Now for the CON - I have the ACR with the Cups. Cups get nice and hot. Hot Cups melt the nice wax on the VCT floor and "glue" themselves to the tile. I turned the front wheels and buckled 2 of the tiles. On normal street tires this is NOT an issue and they don't leave marks, etc.

Solution - I got small mats and situated them to where the tires sit on them. One GOOD benefit of the mats is when you park the car after being out in the rain the mats absorb all the water that drains off the tires and keep you from having huge puddles on the floor.

Not trying to hijack the thread just hope others don't learn about the Cups the way I did. I don't regret the VCT and would do it again even knowing the down side. Just know the "cons" going into it. Again the tire mats look cool and really keep you floor dry after a rain.

I added a couple photos - you can see I didn't get the mats for a few days and you can see the multiple marks from the Cups. The fromt mats on the ACR are angled as a result of a test. I turned the wheels while on the mats. The mats just turned and did not mark the floor. Those are $2.98 mats from Home Depot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love your car, and the garage looks awesome. Dave move with you?

Thanks! Dave bought a house in VA I moved back to MD and bought a house. (we were roomates since college).

When I bought the house it was listed as 2 car garage, but as you can see.... its more like a 1.9 garage???

I think I can fit 2 cars in there but it would be so packed its not worth it? talk about a waste. The garage door is only 1 1/2 car width so to get 2 cars in there would take some maneuvering. I have the viper and bike in there for now, but too much extra room. Maybe one day some shelves and stuff will fill it more back up. But I do like the clean and simplicity look.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is some advice for you. On VCT floors you need to use a good floor wax. you need to apply at least 6 coats. you can use a buffer to acheive a high gloss shine if needed. If you want to remove the marks you can use a med or fine steel wool pad. its depends on if you have applied a wax on the floor.
VCT is a great way to go and its easy to care for.:D

I used VCT (Vinyl Color Tile - like you find in schools, hospitals, etc.). It looks real good and it's CHEAP - about $1/sq ft installed. You can resurface it and polish it almost endlessly.

Now for the CON - I have the ACR with the Cups. Cups get nice and hot. Hot Cups melt the nice wax on the VCT floor and "glue" themselves to the tile. I turned the front wheels and buckled 2 of the tiles. On normal street tires this is NOT an issue and they don't leave marks, etc.

Solution - I got small mats and situated them to where the tires sit on them. One GOOD benefit of the mats is when you park the car after being out in the rain the mats absorb all the water that drains off the tires and keep you from having huge puddles on the floor.

Not trying to hijack the thread just hope others don't learn about the Cups the way I did. I don't regret the VCT and would do it again even knowing the down side. Just know the "cons" going into it. Again the tire mats look cool and really keep you floor dry after a rain.

I added a couple photos - you can see I didn't get the mats for a few days and you can see the multiple marks from the Cups. The fromt mats on the ACR are angled as a result of a test. I turned the wheels while on the mats. The mats just turned and did not mark the floor. Those are $2.98 mats from Home Depot.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was 8 coats of wax. I can't express how hot the Cups can get - I honestly feel they may blister you skin after a hard drive. I'm still sold on the VCT but I really do like the diamond tread in the Racedeck.

Here is some advice for you. On VCT floors you need to use a good floor wax. you need to apply at least 6 coats. you can use a buffer to acheive a high gloss shine if needed. If you want to remove the marks you can use a med or fine steel wool pad. its depends on if you have applied a wax on the floor.
VCT is a great way to go and its easy to care for.:D

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Brand new house, I painted the garage, built a custom wall to cover up the ugly cement and put some floor molding all around. Finished it up with some racedeck.com flooring.

What wheels do you have and any springs, caps?

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What wheels do you have and any springs, caps?

CCW 505A wheels. I have eibach springs thats it. I dont belive you can purchase those springs anymore though.

D

DAMN YANKEE

Very fine job! Drill a hole on either side of each helmet shelf for a bungie cord. Now, when you quickly pull out one helmet, the other wont shoot accross and smash the back end of that fine Viper.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

u need to seal that floor and u will not get the tire markes,after the seal u put a finish coat on that,4 coats of sealer,4 coats of finish.the chemicals from the tire get in the vct tile.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang