New Garage Pictures

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron,

Thanks for the oil change last weekend. Your garage is the best and cleanest I've seen in person and cleaner than my house. Excellent job.

Pat

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful job. Just one question- where's the fridge with the cold beer?? John

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Ron, that is one of the nicest garages I have ever seen, my problem like most is not enough storage & too much crap.
What are the opener covers that everyone is saying to take off??
I am going to order racedeck soon, & I think your design is very clean looking yet unique.

One more thing I would do is CUT off the handles on your garage door release rope. There is a tool (almost a coat hanger) that is made to slip thru between the top of your garage door & frame it reaches in & grabs that handle on that rope. That releases the door & thiefs are in your garage!

Impressive garage!!
Andy

Never heard of that door release issue before...thanks for the tip. I also have my garage door alarmed as an added security precaution.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beeeeuuuuuuteeeeeful!

Thanks for the excellent photos. In another thread I was telling a person that 24' was deep enough to allow plenty of space in front of the cars for work benches, your photo illustrated that perfectly!

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Beautiful. I have a similar problem here in Indy. I live on 2 acres with a large creek passing my front yard. I have NO garage. I was informed that I am restricted to a 20 x 20 and I have to apply to the Dept of Natural Resources for a building permit. I was thinking of going with 13' ceilings and buying a 4 post lift, but I really like your design. I was told it would not be difficult and it would be approved in 2 weeks. That was 8 weeks ago! Now I'm going to have to hire a zoning attorney and have him get me a permit. That sux.

P. S. Just wondering how your lift equipment is going to do in the winter?

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never knew about the handle issue on the garage door release until I saw a guy on a security show open the garage door with a coat hanger looking thing in about 3 seconds! Boom he was in the garage, alarm may go off but he had a good 2-3 minutes to take the car.

Andy

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I never knew about the handle issue on the garage door release until I saw a guy on a security show open the garage door with a coat hanger looking thing in about 3 seconds! Boom he was in the garage, alarm may go off but he had a good 2-3 minutes to take the car.

Andy

Alarm goes off he has about 15 seconds before he will be DODGING .45 hollow point rounds instead of driving away with a DODGE! Make my day/night! :D :usa:

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been waiting to post some pictures of my garage. I've been working on it hard for almost 2 years. Here are the first pictures that I'm putting out there. Some of them appear a bit light and the lighting in the garage is actually more of a dim, mood lighting, however, being an amateur photographer, it's the best I could do. The garage is set up to hold a maximum of 12 cars. In it's current configuration, it will hold 8 cars, plus a full sized Seagrave Fire Truck Pumper plus the play area which you'll see below.
You must be registered for see images

The coffee table is an Alfa Romeo 1300 CC engine (my first car) with a piece of glass fitted to the top.

The garage is large enough so that I have to take several angles to get everything in. Here it is looking from east to west. On the right is the 1958 Seagrave V-12 Fire Truck. On the left bottom is a 2003 Black SRT-10. Above it, a 2001 Silver Prowler. In front of them is a 1941 Chevy Street Rod. It's a mid engine rig with a lawn mower engine up front as a goof. Above it is my first Snake, a 1995 RT-10.

Here's a shot looking west to east.

And another from a slightly different angle.

As you walk out the door from the house, you are faced with both the play area and two cars. Until I bring a Comp Coupe home, the person exiting the house is faced with a 1959 El Camino (348 tri-power / 4 speed stick / power seats / P.S. / factory A.C. etc) and a 1980 Ferrari which I've owned since 1981.

Not pictured here are a 1963 Jaguar XK-E Coupe, a 1960 Plymouth Belvedere, and a 1968 Chevy 396 SS conv. w/ 375HP.
I purchased a 6 foot tall and 8 foot wide Mobil porcelain pegasus and had a neat neon job done to it. It hangs in front of one of the cars.

Finally, I finally tracked down several "Viper Parking" signs from various VOI's through the years. I'm still operating on the theory that Maurice took them.

I want to thank Chris (Y2K GTS) for posting the shots on his club's website. Hope you guys like them. I have no wife telling me when to stop spending money. I have the feeling that I may not be done yet :>)

Out of control with cars!!

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
" Today on life styles of the rich and famous, we visit Russ' garage...

That is the hottest thing I have seen yet! Just gorgeous.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[******] Russ,

I wanna do whatever it is you are doing for a living. Holy Christ. You spent more on that garage than a lot of people do on their homes, cars not included.

I was thinking of going with some car stackers as I have a 4 car garage that won't fit any more cars, and we have 5 cars, a motorcyle, a jetski (soon 2) and other toys. No room! :(

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ron, absolutely beautiful garage. That how I'd like to set mine up.

Russ, that's not a garage, that's a museum! Wow! Discount admission for Viper owners? (LOL!)
:eek:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me just say that these pictures of both garages are amazing. I am going to copy a little of both for my garage. LOL! Just contacted RaceDeck for more information. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys.....I appreciate the compliments. I'm still not done out there. I wish that I had taken some better shots showing the cars and layout better. If any of you guys are building a new house or garage, let me know. I learned a lot of things to do and a lot of things NOT to do in construction.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ,

Have you ever priced out putting in an underground game room type thing -- 20X50 feet or so, maybe 10 to 12 feet high so we can shoot pool. I have this huge side yard that I will be concreting to place my boat and other things at, and was thinking it would be cool to have under that, the game room. I'm limited for space on where I could put an underground room, and i have run out of space in my garage for my cars, so I need to use the one space I have left, for both. I have no clue what something like this would even cost. Any ideas?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We bow down to you, we are not worthy....On another funny note..paging the VOI organizers.... your stuff is at Russ's house! If you haven't been to a VOI you will not get this. LOL. I hereby nominate Russ for the new Jerry deYoung garage award. AND the guy has like every car I ever wanted to own in there too. Wait a minute, what does the house look like? Can you take Jerry there too? We need house pictures!

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee, believe me when I tell you that getting those parking signs were my prized possessions. I worked quite hard (and stayed up very late in both Las Vegas and St. Louis) knowing that someday I'd have those in my garage and be able to show all the guys how it came out. I'd post the house but the site monitors would say that it's not "on subject." Would it matter if I slept in my Viper? I would if I could.

Bad Asp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really nice! I spent 32 years in the fire dept. and the first engine I ever drove was a 58 Seagrave. It had a 590 Hall-Scott engine wiith dual ignition and the biggest Holley carb I have ever seen. At night you should have seen the flames coming out of the exhaust! Brings back memories!