New Guy in the forums

viper2014

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am 24 years old and i currently don't own a viper, but hopefully in the future i hope to own one. I currently own the kid of the viper, 05 orange blast SRT-4. I have been in love with the viper ever since the summer of 1999. I went to the drag races in san diego and there it was, a GTS blue viper. I was instantly in aww and to my surprise the man who owns this beauty, asks me if i wanted to sit in it. Since then i have been in love with this car from the new style, the bashing of corvette owners, and the glorious victory in Nuburgring track over the ZR-1.:drive: I am going to be researching as much as i can :eater: in this website for hopefully a future owner. Hopefully it doesnt take to 2014 to buy one but that is time i expect to buy one. Thank you guys for future advice and hope one day we could ride together in the future. O another thing, is there any bible or article i should read about being a new viper owner. I want to know almost everything so i am not another guy that just bought the car because it was cool not for its engineering. Thank you guys:2tu:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since then i have been in love with this car from the new style, the bashing of corvette owners, and the glorious victory in Nuburgring track over the ZR-1.

You seem to have a real future here :D As for what book to get "Viper Buyers Guide" by Maurice Liang. Available at Partsrack.com (may need to call/email to order, if not on website).

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Welcome!! Agree with the Buyer's Guide...it's a great book. You can order it from JonB at PartsRack 360-837-3937.
Don't know your local..but if it's in the mid-west, stop by some of our events!!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome aboard man. You definitely came to the right place for info on the Viper. Unfortunately you'll find that it's rather addicting, but in a good way. Keep the dream alive and befor you know it you'll have a Viper of your own.

I think we need pics of the SRT4.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That isn't the ACR SRT-4 is it? I wish I would have bought one of those before they were gone...

Right now is the time to buy Vipers. For the sticker price of that SRT-4 you could be driving a Gen1 or possibly 2 RT/10 :omg:

I strongly recommend you go rent a Vette from Hertz and turn the traction control off and get a glimpse of what you'll be in for/have to deal with in the Viper. If you don't feather that throttle you'll be another Viper casualty.

Watch this old video & remember this was a professional driver.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR8f6wlG6SE[/media]

None the less, good luck, you definitely have you sights set in the right place!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the boards dude!

Glad to see Mopar runs in your blood and vettes dont! ;);)

As already said, Viper Buyers Guide (more info at Viper Buyers Guide). Will bring you up to speed on ALL of the details from 1989-2005. Best $20 I EVER spent on my car. I studied that book for 3 months and when I started looking at cars, I was able to see things I would have missed if not for the book.

It will also help you identify WHAT YEAR of Viper you want! I learnt I needed a 01 or 02 as that was the only 2 years for GTS and bumble bee paint.

Other than that read here, save your funds and within the next few months it really is the best time to get one of these due to current market conditions!

Robert

fion1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi,

keep your dream alive, you will see, it will be faster possible as you think! I am also 24 years old and last year it comes true. The Viper isn’t as expensive as some years ago, but still fascinating.

Greets from Germany, just near the Nürburgring :)
Michael

OP
OP
V

viper2014

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: New Guy in the forums from San Diego Ca.

Thank you for your warm welcome. I am also in the SRT-4 forums but if you want your dream to come true you have to start hanging around people the dream big like you. I am from san diego originally from Los Angeles. I moved down to SD to go to school and hopefully this time next year i will be done. I got married last spring in may with my girlfriend of seven years. We are currently buying a home in escondido ca and boy has it been hard. Here are some picture of my pride and joy 05 neon srt-4. Its not the ACR edition but its still a blast to drive. I know i have to lower it but like I mention earlier i am buying a home. Enjoy.:eater:

You must be registered for see images

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice lookin car, very clean. I'm a big fan of the boosted sport compacts. I've got one for a daily driver, just not the mopar version.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That isn't the ACR SRT-4 is it? I wish I would have bought one of those before they were gone...

Right now is the time to buy Vipers. For the sticker price of that SRT-4 you could be driving a Gen1 or possibly 2 RT/10 :omg:

I strongly recommend you go rent a Vette from Hertz and turn the traction control off and get a glimpse of what you'll be in for/have to deal with in the Viper. If you don't feather that throttle you'll be another Viper casualty.

Watch this old video & remember this was a professional driver.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR8f6wlG6SE[/media]

None the less, good luck, you definitely have you sights set in the right place!

Just a side note but that video is a fake, it was outed years ago. Note the only shot from a roadside camera is when it goes over the side, all other footage is on board.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I currently own the kid of the viper, 05 orange blast SRT-4. QUOTE]

Welcome to the Forum:D ...but your kid has a lot of growing up to become a viper as you will find out someday when you get behind the wheel of a Viper.
This site is the best source of informattion on a Viper!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang