New Headers

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My new headers just arrived. 1700 Jet-Hot Silver coated from Bad Boyzz Garage.
attachment.php

Last edited:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't wait for the day I finally get new headers for my car! I'm leaning towards Belanger; however Jerry Colpitts from the NE VCA has some B&B headers that sound bada$$ :notworthy:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$1395 for the two header parts and $2410 if the extension pipe including a high flow cat is included....that seems like a great deal!!! Please tell me how easy they are to install. My car is finally out of extended warranty, so I've tought of doing a Corsa cat-back (instead of my current Borla setup) and possibly Belanger headers....but these headers are cheap and good for 40 hp.

Regards,
Aaron

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If any header gives a 40hp increase on a 2000-2002, I would be shocked. Maybe the entire exhaust would be worth it, but I have a hard time believing headers only will give 40hp.

Please let us know the results.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They look like the SVS/Hennessey type with the middle flange. I have a set of TNTs on mine. 10 years on car and 50,000 miles and they still look like new and have no leaks.

I did have a set of Belangers. Top quality, but for supercharger applications the pickles are too restrictive so I torched them out.

Ted

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glen97,

Those look awesome, I ordered a set of the Bad Boyzz Series headers for my Gen 4 but in the black Jet Hot finish. I was going for that stealthy look but looking at yours I think you've done good.

plumcrazy...what is up with the constant comments against what people decide to buy? A forum member buys a new set of headers for his Viper and posts a picture of what they look like. Do we really need to hear back-handed negative comments about peoples purchasing decisions? Instead of giving props and wishing Glen good luck you have to reply with your Bellangers input. Christ, give it a rest...it's getting old.

Better yet, why don't you post some close up pictures of your Bellangers so we can see how they are holding up? This would help forum members make educated purchasing decisions with real world results. Now that would be some useful and meaningful information from your experiences with your Bellanger headers.

Cheers,
George

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're interesting looking headers. I just installed Belangers on my 01, and I have to wonder how easy (or difficult) getting those headers and collector between the engine and frame rails is gonna be. The Belangers are two piece, and I still needed some "finagling" on the passenger side to get them in.

Let us know how the install goes. Good luck! BTW, the finish on the turn outs and the H/F's look very nice.

OP
OP
Glen97

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glen97,

Those look awesome, I ordered a set of the Bad Boyzz Series headers for my Gen 4 but in the black Jet Hot finish. I was going for that stealthy look but looking at yours I think you've done good.

plumcrazy...what is up with the constant comments against what people decide to buy? A forum member buys a new set of headers for his Viper and posts a picture of what they look like. Do we really need to hear back-handed negative comments about peoples purchasing decisions? Instead of giving props and wishing Glen good luck you have to reply with your Bellangers input. Christ, give it a rest...it's getting old.

Better yet, why don't you post some close up pictures of your Bellangers so we can see how they are holding up? This would help forum members make educated purchasing decisions with real world results. Now that would be some useful and meaningful information from your experiences with your Bellanger headers.

Cheers,
George

They're interesting looking headers. I just installed Belangers on my 01, and I have to wonder how easy (or difficult) getting those headers and collector between the engine and frame rails is gonna be. The Belangers are two piece, and I still needed some "finagling" on the passenger side to get them in.

Let us know how the install goes. Good luck! BTW, the finish on the turn outs and the H/F's look very nice.
Thanks guys! I'm going to start the install Sunday. I'll take some pictures and let you know how it went.

Glen

OP
OP
Glen97

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oldduderule,
I just finished putting the passenger side on and it went together very easy(I still have to install bolts). Installed the top of the header from the top down and the bottom of the header went right in from the bottom. No finagling. I took the blower box and fan out to help with installing from the top
attachment.php

Last edited:

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glenn those look great. Enjoy. I love projects like this. No bad mouthing from me here. Makes you wonder who plumcrazy is sleeping with. Never could understand negative comments.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glen97,

Cheers,
George

Obviously George, you misread Phil's comment. He said, "I'd only buy Belangers." He didn't say antyhing negative he recommended Belangers. Belangers are recognized in the Viper world as having built top quality products for decades.

He may also remember the horror stories on some Hennessey and the SVS headers (that looked like the pictured ones) and he just wouldn't be interested in testing out a new unproven brand?

Not negative, just postive for a recognized brand, I'm sure that Phil meant no insult - and neither do I.

Ted

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
any update on this? I m considering these headers as well...

OP
OP
Glen97

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
any update on this? I m considering these headers as well...
I work out of town during the week so I will finish things up this Saturday. I started last Sunday and I'm 5 hours into the new install. I have the new headers on but not all the bolts in. They went in very easy. I'm taking pictures as I go. I'll post Saturday or Sunday when completed.

Glen

OP
OP
Glen97

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AR headers?
Yes.

Finished the install last night and completed the test drive today. The install went easy with the 2 part header. Matched right up to the randomtech I already had. I was happy with the test drive. It feels like it woke the car up. More grunt. Sounds nice.
attachment.php

Last edited:

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, where do you get jet hot coatings done? I have some headers that I haven't gotten put on yet.

TrackAire do you have pics of black coated headers?

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$1395 for the two header parts and $2410 if the extension pipe including a high flow cat is included....that seems like a great deal!!! Please tell me how easy they are to install. My car is finally out of extended warranty, so I've tought of doing a Corsa cat-back (instead of my current Borla setup) and possibly Belanger headers....but these headers are cheap and good for 40 hp.

Regards,
Aaron

Why is it over a 1000.00 just for a couple of cats and some pipe? That sounds a little steep to me! It most of the price of another set of headers.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is it over a 1000.00 just for a couple of cats and some pipe? That sounds a little steep to me! It most of the price of another set of headers.

$2410 without Jet Hot coating. It does seem steep but then again if these headers/cats perform it might be worth it. It be great if folks can post up their GenII dyno results with these headers/cats.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zentenk,

Bad Boyzz Garage took photos of my headers before they installed them and also the mufflers...those I had coated here locally after I saw how awesome the headers looked in black. I can't vouch for my coating (called Black Velvet) but my coater does a lot of HD Motorcycle exhausts and says the stuff has held up great.

I'll email Toddy and let him know to post up some of the pics. Toddy's Gen III also has the black headers on it too.

I really don't think it is necessary to coat these headers...before I decided on them I did a bunch of research and could not find anybody complaining about the headers being uncoated (Corvette forums, GTO forums, LS1 forums, Mustang guys, etc). I knew the Jet Hot could only help in the heat department, but 90% if my reason was strictly for looks. I also want to coat my intake black to match the headers. I just wanted an all monochromatic look for my car. The red valve covers should pop nicely with the black intake and headers.

Cheers,
George