New Mach 7 Top And Windows.

RapidTransit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top and windows took a while to install, a little fine adjustments required, seals and stuff. Finish and workmanship good enough to recommend:)Pics..

Last edited:

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn they make a nice top!!!! As soon as I figure out if I need head gaskets or not that is my next major purchase, looks fantastic!

DeLViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu: Looks very nice!!! Will be a tough decision between your top and AutoForm...

Here you can compare:

attachment.php

DSC00272.JPG

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great color. Clean wheels. Here's the three-piece version. Sun was at a bad angle and I didn't have the windows yet.

And I have Gen 2 stock exhaust, so put on Gen 2 side sills.

Attachments

• 1006.jpg
    1006.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 1002.jpg
    1002.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 1012.jpg
    1012.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RapidTransit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great color. Clean wheels. Here's the three-piece version. Sun was at a bad angle and I didn't have the windows yet.

And I have Gen 2 stock exhaust, so put on Gen 2 side sills.

I think Emerald Green was one of the best dodge colors from the mid 90's. Have it on my Dakota too. I like your 3 piece,But I didn't want to have to worry about more places for leaks..

Remember today....:usa:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, I prefer the new top! Not big on the front piller piece on the other version.

What is the inside like? Is there any headliner or is it sprayed fiberglass?

Thanks!

OP
OP
R

RapidTransit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, I prefer the new top! Not big on the front piller piece on the other version.

What is the inside like? Is there any headliner or is it sprayed fiberglass?

Thanks!

Soft and padded black liner! Hope you're not too tall...I'm 5.7 and it's hard to get in and out... once in it's OK. Blind spots,yes there are more.....I still recommend this product.:2tu:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, I feel like that each time I get in and out of mine!:omg:

While I like this top, I still do like the factory hardtop... maybe because it is OEM original. But, I'll admit, it isn't as streamlined as the aftermarket tops.:D

zzeck1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been looking at their tops for awhile? I have a '95 with a 2000 roof, but not real air tight. How good a seal does it have between the windows and the roof? Why didn't you get the scope in the center?

Looks great by the way!!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been looking at their tops for awhile? I have a '95 with a 2000 roof, but not real air tight. How good a seal does it have between the windows and the roof? Why didn't you get the scope in the center?

Looks great by the way!!

With that Gen II top, you will have a gap at the front of the top because of the way the windows go up. He is one of the tops for a Gen I in the classifieds:

Mach 7-- 3 piece top - ViperClub Classifieds

OP
OP
R

RapidTransit

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks great by the way!!

Seal at the top four sides look good, but the bottom and trailing edge on mine will need extra weather stripping. I don't plan on driving in the rain...more like insurance for those iffy days. I didn't get the scoop because it only comes with the three piece top and I didn't want to have to worry about two more seams sealing out the water.

zzeck1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RapidTransit - thanks for your comment on the reason why on the scoop....I guess I'll be a glutten for punishment; I just like the scoop look.

99 RT 10 - no problem with the front fitting on the windshield...it actually fits quite good. The problem is the side curtians have a 1" gap. Is that your Mach 7 roof for sale? If so, can you send additional pix. I'm very interested. :drive:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those tops look smooth and certainly better than the factory top, but if I had an RT10, the 3 piece with the air scoop on it looks aboslutley amazing. Not to mention, you can actually store it in the trunk (as long as your trunk is pretty empty.
I was originally looking at RT10's because I wanted to be able to take the top off, but the whole fact of leaving the house with it on and not being able to take it off, or leaving the house with it off and being SOL is I needed while I out, pushed me to the Gen III.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang