New Magnecor Ignition Wire Set For Srt-10 Vipers From Parts Rack

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received a new set of Magnecor Red Ignition Wires from Jon B. at the Parts rack for my 2003 SRT10 Viper. These wires are made perfectly and of high quality. They are made with Magnecor KV85 Competition wire and have snap connectors. When I talked to Jon he said he worked with Magnecor to develop a set of wires for our SRT engines. I have used KV85 style wires for years and have never had a failure. The Magnecor part number is 1528 and the item code at Parts Rack is MGNA SRT. These are not on Jon's web site so just call him with the part numbers. You can not buy a better set of wires for under $200.00. Jon has them in stock and at the lowest price.

MAGNECOR WEB SITE
http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/main.htm

Again Jon, Thanks for the great service! :2tu:

Robbie

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
uh-oh....another of these posts that pit vendor against vendor...hope to nip this in the bud. JonB has some great products, and so does AB...it just boils down to whatever product you wish to purchase---both these vendors have made their marks on the VCA and have sold quality products. Let's just support ALL the vendors on these forums, please no nit-picking again. I recall this happened the last time with the wires...a whole thread going back and forth like a ******* contest...really don't wish to see that again!
~juli~

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My reputation speaks for itself and that goes with the others too on here. Jon and I have contributed alot of info/resources to this Viper community so that is what builds our reputation.

Thanks JD for being a good customer.

I have had no complaints whatsoever on anything I have sold on my wires. I have customers that have gotten rid of "XYZ" wires and put on mine, but like it's said above, it's all in what you want. If you think RR is better..then go for it. No sweat off my back.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AB--Your professionalism is always a breath of fresh air...can always count on you to be polite and courteous, and I know for myself, I thank you for that. (Plus you just have that 'eye' for GORGEOUS vehicles!!!!) ~juli~

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
uh-oh....another of these posts that pit vendor against vendor...hope to nip this in the bud. JonB has some great products, and so does AB...it just boils down to whatever product you wish to purchase---both these vendors have made their marks on the VCA and have sold quality products. Let's just support ALL the vendors on these forums, please no nit-picking again. I recall this happened the last time with the wires...a whole thread going back and forth like a ******* contest...really don't wish to see that again!
~juli~

Juli, I think its perfectly healthy to debate products and not so much the vendors themselves. I would love to know the facts about what makes the Magnecor wires better. I would love to know why AB's wires, for example, are not a better wire for under $200. AB's wires, for example, are 9mm thick, 1200 degree heat resistance, angled boots, proper length, low resistance and very high quality. Are similiar facts available for the Magnecor wires? I think posting these kinds of details helps alleviate the Human Pinata sydrome certain vendors have here but then again I think certain vendors enjoy the beatings...why else do it over and over and over again? Facts please.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperTony--there would be no problem if everyone just stuck TO the facts of whatever the product is--but as you can read in the posts, and previous ones, the threads tend to go, um, shall we say, SOUTH?? I TOTALLY agree that I also want to KNOW about the products, but that's why if I'm interested in a product, I would call any of these vendors personally and find out. I'm just not interested in unprofessionalism, turns me off...that's what's going on here, NOT facts being relayed, that would be great. ~juli~

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suspect that I'm the only person on the viper board who has actually used, raced, and pushed to the limits all of the following wires:

Magnacore
MSD
Stock Mopar
Mopar Performance
AB

I'm not selling anything and I hate seeing people sold on things just b/c that is the item in stock that week or the margin is higher that day.

The magnacore wires had too much noise in my car. Oh... go to the dyno and try to get a tach signal from them.

good luck!

JD

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joseph--That's what we need to hear, from someone who has actually USED these products and THEY give their experience with them....thank you for that....that's what is needed and what would be listened to. Appreciate it~~juli

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My reputation speaks for itself and that goes with the others too on here. Jon and I have contributed alot of info/resources to this Viper community so that is what builds our reputation.

Thanks JD for being a good customer.

I have had no complaints whatsoever on anything I have sold on my wires. I have customers that have gotten rid of "XYZ" wires and put on mine, but like it's said above, it's all in what you want. If you think RR is better..then go for it. No sweat off my back.
man, your wires are very NICE!!! we always use MSD's on the cars we do here, but i would really like to start using yours. whats the best way to reach you?
thanks_Gary
[email protected]

OP
OP
R

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To everyone here who has posted comments, good and bad, about my post. I never said anything to pit ab, Jon, or myself against each other. AB makes a beautifully hi quality set of ignition wires for a reasonable price. I was going to buy a set when I called Jon to see if Magnecor made a set for the SRT Vipers. I was happy to find out that Jon worked with Magnecor to develop these wires so I bought a set on Jon's recommendation. All I stated that Jon at Parts Rack sold me a beautiful set of Magnecor wires at a great price along with great service. I never said they were better than AB's or anyone else. I also included the Magnecor web site so those who wanted to compare them to other brands could do so. Once I install these wires I will let everyone here know what I think of them. I have used Magnecor for years with great success on all types of equipment form car to boats to motorcycles to farm equipment.

To the people above who can not seem to refrain from trying to start trouble between myself and or other vendors you need to go back to school and learn to read because if you read my original post correctly you would have seen that all I posted was the fact that I bought a set of Magnecor wires from Jon at the Parts rack at a reasonable cost and that they were very well made. I do not see who Joe Dell made the following comment, and I quote: "I'm not selling anything and I hate seeing people sold on things just b/c that is the item in stock that week or the margin is higher that day." Joe, you must be talking about Jon as like I said before I do not sell these wires. Or perhaps you are talking about AB?

To Mike & Juli, Thank you for your honesty and comments.
To Jon, Parts Rack, Thank you for the fast service,great product, and taking the time to develop them.
To AB, I think you have a great product for a great price. Please do not let the hot heads get between us. Your "how to do" instructions are the best!

Robbie

Robbie

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

To Mike & Juli, Thank you for your honesty and comments.
To Jon, Parts Rack, Thank you for the fast service,great product, and taking the time to develop them.
To AB, I think you have a great product for a great price. Please do not let the hot heads get between us. Your "how to do" instructions are the best!

Robbie

Robbie

Robbie: That was my intention, to just kinda show that you were making a comment on something you bought...not that anyone needed to chime in their negative comments....as you stated, all you were saying was WHAT YOU BOUGHT!!! As you have every right to, and you WERE being positive, which is refreshing on these posts. I was pointing out that others didn't need to be comparing what YOU bought, as YOU bought what YOU wanted, got a great deal from JonB, no surprise there....and you are welcome for the honesty and comments from me, that's what you'll get--honesty and professionalism.
~juli~

OP
OP
R

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Juli,

And to think that all I was really trying to convey was the fact Magnecor is now making wires for our SRT Vipers along with the fact that Jon B. sells them.

Sometimes you can't win for trying,

Robbie

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah---keep trying, Robbie!! You have the right just as everyone else does to say what you've bought, and that you got a good deal/service from whatever vendor it was at the time, in this case, JonB...who has the reputation for outstanding service. Keep up your positive posts~~! juli~

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can not buy a better set of wires for under $200.00. Jon has them in stock and at the lowest price.

Isn't the above quote by default saying the magnecor wires are better than ab's, not that I know, I am just reading what you wrote and applying the rules of english and grammar to it.

OP
OP
R

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't the above quote by default saying the magnecor wires are better than ab's, not that I know, I am just reading what you wrote and applying the rules of english and grammar to it.

Vegas,

Let me answer your question one by one.

1, I stated: "You can not buy a better set of wires for under $200.00"

You stated: "Isn't the above quote by default saying the Magnecor wires are better than AB's,"

I never said they were better than AB's, I said you can not buy a better set of wires under $200.00. I paid Jon, at Parts Rack less than the AB's posted price of $200.00 + $10.00 for S&H for a total of $210.00 that he has listed on eBay. What I paid Jon is between Jon and I, but it was not $210.00. You can see for yourself AB's selling price at his web site at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-200-Degree-spark-plug-wires-for-Dodge-Viper-SRT-10_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6755QQihZ019QQitemZ290130091473QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

2, I stated: "Jon has them in stock and at the lowest price." :2tu:

I stand by this statement as I did a search on the internet and made over a dozen calls to Magnecor distributors and the only one who had them in stock was Jon B. at Parts Rack. A cheaper price is useless if you have to wait a month to receive them. Jon is the cheapest stocking distributor I found in the USA. :usa:

3, You stated: "I am just reading what you wrote and applying the rules of english and grammar to it."

I have no clue what you are speaking of here as I do not see anything wrong with my english or my grammar. Perhaps I am wrong, I have been before.

4, Let me finish this by saying that AB makes a hi quality set of wires for a very reasonable price and that AB does the VCA a wonderful service with his "Illustrated How To Do Installations" articles. AB, Please keep up the great work, you are a wonderful asset to the VCA.

Your friend,

Robbie

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
THANK YOU for using VCA paid site sponsors like AB and PartsRack et al.

Worth noting: when AB wanted to first make his SRT wires, PartsRack VOLUNTEERED a used loaner set to help him. We also have some AB wires IN STOCK, but not the day that Robbie needed wires next-day. We are perfectly happy with both products.

We have had "no feedback" on AB's wires. (No news is good news.) We have had GREAT feedback on durability and NO NOISE (!! Joseph!!) on Magnas vs MSD or Mopar. Lots of feedback on MSD noise and some versions of MoPar noise. We have seen Magnas go 100k miles on HEADERS and not deteriorate, and they have a lifetime replacement guarantee.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, we were going to use the Magnacores to use for the lengths for our wires, but we did not end up using them. DLM sent me a set of OEM wires and we used those instead. But anyways, I appreciate the help and good intentions jon!

There's plenty of business for everyone on here. I don't feel I am in competition with anyone here. I have just a different angle on what I got.

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AB, thanks for helping me the other day, i look forward to the new wires, and doing business in the future with you. my shop is always open to you, and look forward to meeting you soon!
thanks-
Gary

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
AB, thanks for helping me the other day, i look forward to the new wires, and doing business in the future with you. my shop is always open to you, and look forward to meeting you soon!
thanks-
Gary

No problem. Looking forward to seeing your shop and seeing what we can do together.

Both set of wires are on their way. I already have an idea I would like to do with you on the wires. We got your logo on your wires. The picture you gave me had to be converted to a black and white, but this is pretty close. What you think?

Here is the black and white logo we converted that will be on your wires.

You must be registered for see images

Below is the one you sent me. Can't use that one since it's in color. We can only do black and white. By the way I didn't charge you anything on that. Just post some pics up when you get them to show everyone. On me!

If anyone else out there wants their logo, web site, name or anything on thier custom made wires, let me know. It just has to be in Black and White. There is an additional charge for this art work,

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AB: WHAT can you NOT do????? Amazing artwork, love black & white anyway. As always, you do an amazing job, no matter WHAT it is you do!! ~juli~

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem. Looking forward to seeing your shop and seeing what we can do together.

Both set of wires are on their way. I already have an idea I would like to do with you on the wires. We got your logo on your wires. The picture you gave me had to be converted to a black and white, but this is pretty close. What you think?

Here is the black and white logo we converted that will be on your wires.

Below is the one you sent me. Can't use that one since it's in color. We can only do black and white. By the way I didn't charge you anything on that. Just post some pics up when you get them to show everyone. On me!

If anyone else out there wants their logo, web site, name or anything on thier custom made wires, let me know. It just has to be in Black and White. There is an additional charge for this art work,
ADAM!
i love it! great job man!
when ever you want to do the dyno-GTG just let me know, my shop is your shop. no problem. thanks bub!:2tu: :headbang:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude