Wiring question 1994 RT-10

Chuckster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just removed an old aftermarket viper alarm from the car and reset the ECU. Seems fine now. I have one small bundle of four super light gauge wires that feed into drivers side dash kick panel from the trans tunnel. They are solid colors red/blue/green/black. Red was getting +12V from ignition wiring and others were fed into the alarm control module. I kept the red powered and theft the other three alone and car runs as normal. Any idea what these four bundled wires might be for??? I’ve got a factory service manual but it sure isn’t like a Chilton’s as far as wiring diagrams! Thanks!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Still thinking about your 4 wires.

In the meantime, is your factory alarm intact? If yes, does it work? If yes, have you considered disabling it?

OP
OP
Chuckster

Chuckster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea, but I assume someone disconnected it. It is not plugged in at all, which makes me think it was causing enough trouble that it was unplugged. I will say I found a wiring chart for the alarm module and I have found that the small 4-wire bundle has to do with locking and unlocking doors. I’ve given the positive the 12 volts and the car seems to be acting normally. I don’t know if this bundle is original or not…I’m thinking not bc the wrap is not cloth like the majority of the harness.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21