New Member/Best Performance Upgrade for 95 Gen I RT/10

MAMBA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi to everyone and let you know I'm a new member and a proud new owner of a Black 95 RT/10. It is in excellent condition and has mods of Bellanger cat-back exhaust, MGW short shifter, 3.73 rear gear, K&N filters and smoothie air intake tubes. I will be taking it to get Dynoed in the next couple of weeks but was wondering if someone could tell me about what hp and torque I should expect with these mods.
Also and most importantly, what is the best performance upgrade I can make from here for the money spent. I would at least like to get above 400 at the rear wheel.
Thanks and I look forward to meeting some of you at future events, etc. I'm in the Central Florida area where I can drive the Viper anytime of the year.
Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what I think,
A small nitrous shot is the best bang for the buck mod you can make.
The Roe SC at about $7.5k is probably the next best bang for the buck.
All the other things you can do are much more expensive when you are talking about the kind of power available from the two I mentioned.

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To get above 400 RWHP, you will likely only need headers, free-flow cats, etc (maybe) 1.7 rockers.
The "bigger" steps in performance would be as Joe117 suggested.
Nitros is probably less expensive than headers and 1.7's (by a considerable amount) unless you get a smoking deal. Check the classifieds on this site.

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO the best performance upgrade is to learn how to use your car to it's fullest potential.

A driving school (Viper Days ; ) will teach you what the beast is capable of. I don't know your situation or level of experience so this may not apply.

Just thought I would toss out the suggestion.

Welcome home!!

Bill

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with wild bill. Learn how the car drives. Learn how it reacts in different situations. With 3.73 gears, you need to watch for wheel spin and fish-tailing. I want to have higher HP and TQ #'s also, but I want to be sure I can handle the car before I spend money on a blower. I don't know your driving abilities either, but just because joe blow has 400 or 500 HP does that mean you have to? Just my .04.(inflation) :D