New Member in Vancouver BC

Carnut

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought my dream car last month and I'm pumped! It's a gen 3 vert and it's bone stock. I've replaced all the fluids front to back with full synthetics, swapped michelin pilot super sports in for the stock run flats, put BC Racing coilovers in and lowered it 1" in the front & 1.25" in the rear. When I got the car up on the rack to do the fluids I noticed 2 things: 1) both the rear hubs were blown and 2) there was the head of a screw stuck to the diffs magnetic drain plug. The dealership stepped up to bat and put brand new hubs in for me but has no comment on the diff. There are no funny noises coming from the rear, and all seems to be working just fine. When I drained the fluid it was black as soot so obviously it had never been changed in the cars 28000 mile history. Does anyone have any advise about this? I'm also looking to do a 3.55 gear swap and a N/A engine build so I'm looking for an experienced viper engine builder in my area if any of you know of any? Any input or advise would be appreciated as I don't know any other viper owners. Cheers!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never ran across anyone with a Gen 3 that didn't love the 3.55 rear gears.

Glad to hear you got rid of the run flats.

You are well on way to a safe and enjoyable ownership experience.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never ran across anyone with a Gen 3 that didn't love the 3.55 rear gears.

Glad to hear you got rid of the run flats.

You are well on way to a safe and enjoyable ownership experience.
i think he is going to install 3 55 gears, ViperJohn.:D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960