New Member thought I'd say Hi!!

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well new to the board, very excited, I bought a 1998 GTS in October. Im excited for the mods to come!!

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the greatest club in the world !! Always nice to see New "MEMBERS". The support is always appreciated and rewarded ofcourse. It's what keeps this site alive and available. Memebership always has and always should/will have, its priviledge's!!!!

You've picked the Iconic and unmatched Gen 2 Viper. Good for you.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum. The KC region has a lot of great people and is very active with events.

Bruce

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well a little about the car, bought it with 23,500 miles in Austin TX. The car has been maintained by ART which made me feel confident in the maintenance. The mods done to the car where corsa exhaust, short throw shifter, Carbon fiber air box, short rams, and K&N filters. Pretty basic stuff. Car drives like a dream and I couldn't ask for a funner car. Anways here is a pic of the car the day as I was driving it back from TX. Just so you know I'm in Wichita ks. As far as new mods go things are already under way. The big thing is the interior which well start on next week.
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also Thanks for the kind words and the Hospitality.

Reaction score
Welcome! Thanks for sharing the pic, I love pics. Can never see enough Vipers. Also gen II, great choice I must say ;) Hope you'll share before and after shots of any work you do!

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome & Congratulations on YOUR New Viper! I Won't Hold it Against You For Getting A GTS! Lol! Nice Color Set-Up, Don't See A Whole Lot Of The Grey/Blue Stripes! Enjoy & Stay Safe!

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very nice color combo!! What interior mods are coming?

Well everything really, audio will be a avicz-140 double din, with rockford 1000 4 channel, Rockford t2 Components up front, and t1 6.5 in the rear. with 2 12inch slim line subwoofers with 1000w monoblock amp. Dash is being pulled and wrapped, custom center console, redesigned door panels, suede headliner, custom designed seats with seat heaters. (gets cold here) Momo nero steering wheel. Then there will be a few other things inside, but that is the jest of it. Oh and a python alarm so I can get rid of the stock remote that is huge! I've already purchased all the equipment, so can't wait!!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the VCA, Hello from the UK :uk:

Sounds like your going to tear the interior apart! Will be interested to see the results :) Don't forget to post up pics of the progress :)

Good luck with your project.

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats, you picked a great car and welcome to the club. You seem to already have your hands full with making this car your own. Good luck and keep posting pics.

charlesj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well everything really, audio will be a avicz-140 double din, with rockford 1000 4 channel, Rockford t2 Components up front, and t1 6.5 in the rear. with 2 12inch slim line subwoofers with 1000w monoblock amp. Dash is being pulled and wrapped, custom center console, redesigned door panels, suede headliner, custom designed seats with seat heaters. (gets cold here) Momo nero steering wheel. Then there will be a few other things inside, but that is the jest of it. Oh and a python alarm so I can get rid of the stock remote that is huge! I've already purchased all the equipment, so can't wait!!

Welcome to the club fellow viper brother and congratulations!!! Add one other thing to the list if not done already... The stock cats are way too restrictive and are known for excessive heat build-up, at least on the 96 / 97 GTS model years. I assume the problem carried over to the 98 model year but I am not 100% positive. My Viper brethren will surely comment on this to correct or affirm me. Anyways, if you notice excessive heat on your side sills where it burns your leg, you want to look at aftermarket high-flow cats. Makes a HUGE difference! I purchased my 97 GTS and the previous owner had the 3" corsa exhaust installed w/ huge twin tips out the back. He didn't do the cats and the interior of the car used to get downright hot and the sills were very hot. After we did the high-flow cats, the car's exhaust note was improved and also it took care of the heat problem too.

Welcome again and keep us posted on your new baby! ~ Charlie

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club. Everybody is awesome and shares same passion for vipers. Best of luck with your car. Nice ride. And do post pics of the aftermath.

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome to the club fellow viper brother and congratulations!!! Add one other thing to the list if not done already... The stock cats are way too restrictive and are known for excessive heat build-up, at least on the 96 / 97 GTS model years. I assume the problem carried over to the 98 model year but I am not 100% positive. My Viper brethren will surely comment on this to correct or affirm me. Anyways, if you notice excessive heat on your side sills where it burns your leg, you want to look at aftermarket high-flow cats. Makes a HUGE difference! I purchased my 97 GTS and the previous owner had the 3" corsa exhaust installed w/ huge twin tips out the back. He didn't do the cats and the interior of the car used to get downright hot and the sills were very hot. After we did the high-flow cats, the car's exhaust note was improved and also it took care of the heat problem too.

Welcome again and keep us posted on your new baby! ~ Charlie

Well I have already bought the 02 simulators, so the cats will be taken care off while its in the shop. I also have it scheduled to get the rocker panels painted from the discoloration from the heat the cats produce. Also I've already bought wheels and tires, HID head lights and fogs, and had the windows tinted. Here is a pic of the car with the wheels on it. I'm still trying to decide if I should lower it. I know it would look amazing, but we have some crappy roads here. The wheels are Forgiato Pinzette 19x11, and 20x13.

Also thanks again for all the warm welcomes, it's appreciated and can't wait to meet some other viper owners!!

You must be registered for see images

dru282

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking car. Got the same color on my 99. I too would like to lower but the **** were the road meets my driveway makes it damn near impossible. Good luck with it.