New member with a slight issue with windows

Discussion in 'California: Southern' started by brNOR, Oct 15, 2012.

1. brNOR

brNOR Enthusiast

I got a red '03 about a month ago, and I'm excited to join the club! (Here's my new owner thread: http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/656989-New-owner-and-member!)

There's only one small issue, and that's the windows. They go up too high, and when I raised the passenger side window there was a noise and the glass is now rubbing against something inside the door. I've got some good pointers on the forums and it seems there might be a clip that's fallen off, so I need to remove the door panel. I've just moved to the US and I'm lacking both tools and skills, so I need to see a mechanic or at least someone more experienced than me. Are there anyone close to San Diego?

Hoping too see you guys on the next cruise, and maybe a track day!

Magnus

2. 02 Graphite GTS

02 Graphite GTS Viper Owner

Hey Magnus !!
    First things first.....WELCOME to the CLUB !
    Congratulations on the beautiful Red ride. I know you must be very very excited and enjoying the great driving weather.
    We need to get you out to one of the upcoming events.

I'm sending you an email as well.

Lance

3. latamud

latamud Viper Owner

I would stop using that window until you get it fixed. Otherwise you risk further damage to the regulator and it will force you to replace the whole thing.

4. slysnake

slysnake Viper Owner

If you decide to tackle it, be sure to research here how to take off the panel without braking the plastic on top of the door panel. If you break it you WILL be sorry.

5. brNOR

brNOR Enthusiast

6. brNOR

brNOR Enthusiast

Thanks for the warning! I had a repair shop who are experienced with Vipers take it apart.

Here's a picture of the damage:

[​IMG]

7. NK BREKR

NK BREKR Viper Owner

Welcome to SoCal Magnus! Where did you move from? Check out www.socalviper.com to get the most current information on our events, send me an email, art at socalviper.com, and I will set you up with an account on our forum.

8. brNOR

brNOR Enthusiast

Thanks Art! I moved from Norway, so I'm very much appreciating the warmer climate! I have sent you an email.

9. 02 Graphite GTS

02 Graphite GTS Viper Owner

Magnus, We'll be having breakfast in Carlsbad on Oct 27th. Come up and join us.

Lance

10. brNOR

brNOR Enthusiast

I'll be there!

11. HyperViper

HyperViper Viper Owner

What part of San Diego are you going to be living in? See you at cars and coffee.

12. ACPERFORMANCE

ACPERFORMANCE Viper Owner

Magnus,

My name is Todd from A&C Performance. We service many of the southern california vipers and always have many in our shop. If you have taken care of your problem, we'd be happy to take a look at it and get it fixed up for you. Here is my ccontact details.

Todd Abrams
    A&C Performance

13. Paul Hawker

Paul Hawker Viper Owner

Magnus.

Welcome to the club.

Local Dodge dealer with ViperTechs is Jack Powell Dodge in Escondido.

Todd at A&C is a fantastic independent who has a great reputation in San Diego.

See you in Carlsbad.

Paul

14. brNOR

brNOR Enthusiast

It was nice meeting so many of you for breakfast in Carlsbad today! Ron, I'm in Pacific Beach.

Thanks Todd, I'm sitting on the fence for now. My window still works (though it will probably fail eventually), so it's not urgent.

15. VenomGTR

VenomGTR Viper Owner

Sorry to hear about your problem. The whole window regulator issue on the Gen3 and up is a big deterrent for me, unless there is a future solution that will permanently fix the issue. I guess I will be searching for a Gen 2 GTS in the future. Welcome to the Club!