Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome
smile.gif
Nice to see another new member.

ssssssnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would use the search feature, you will find a ton of upgrades to do. but.......

I would start with a K&N filter or Roe Filter www.roeracing.com, and some smooth tubes. I too am pretty new to this board (about 3 months now)...and have found a lot of great enhancements to make to my Snake. I am also getting the Roe filters and smooth tubes, as well as exhaust. Good things to start off with. Much more to come...............

Mark

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MEGALE:
Hello everyone,

I am a new member to viperclub. I have a 2000 GTS and was wondering what I can do to tweek out some unused horsepower from the stock motor without doing anything major to it? I would like to keep it completely ctock for the time being.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah right....I said the same thing (except I said "stock")
laugh.gif
A week later, I had K&N filters, smooth tubes and a catback exhaust system(Corsa)on mine. These three mods should be a good start for you. But beware, once you start, its hard to stop.
laugh.gif

Welcome to Viper Nation!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smooth tubes and filters from Roe or any of the vendors on this site.

Take it to a muffler shop and have them remove the rear muffler and replace it with pipes. Cost $100 - $200 vs catbacks that are upwards of $1200. Hp gain is the same. Sound is subjective.

GTSTF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got all my mods from TNT and am extremely happy with them. K&N cones, 70mm t.b.'s, headers, hi-flo cats, and 3" exhaust. they sold it all as a performance package. i would suggest giving them a call.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome....thanks for joining. Try VOI-7 next month for a Viper Immersion Zone!

What CHUCK said: Intake mods; exhaust work.

Biggest, most noticable bang-4-buck mod is rear gear swap.
Leaves motor 100% stock....feels like 60HP !!

From several sponsor / vendors here including ..... ME !

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy!

Couple of quick rules for new owners:
Keep it pointed straight before jumping on the throttle. Use steady throttle or squeeze it *gently* in turns.

S

SUN RA KAT

Welcome aboard! I'm fairly new here, too. I got my Viper and joined VCA in July of this year. I started off with a lot of modifications on my Viper that I had Woodhouse install for me before I picked mine up. And now I want more...

Keep checking out the posts here for info and when you have a question, go to the search feature at this site - it's the best search feature I've used on any site. If the search feature doesn't give you the answer, then post a question or two.

Bad Asp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Good group here. Lots of good information. Talk to Sean Roe at Roe Racing, JonB at Parts rack, and the guys at TNT Motorsports.

Bobbo- 2001 GTS- Corsa 3" exhaust,TNT smooth tubes/K&N filters,Eradispeed rotors.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96