countlambo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Whats cheapest and best Mod to do to a viper to help proformance
on a viper I know supercharge or turbo is the best but Im just starting out

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headers and exhaust---no draw back and must be done prior to any induction mod.

OP
OP
C

countlambo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what kind of price for headers and exhaust and what is a good brand name for the headers and exhaust and do viper have a computer chip to replace

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use the "Search" function and you'll see that, provided you have a '98-02, headers will get you minimal gains for the $1500-2K you'll spend on them. Much better bang for the $$ is hi-flow cats and exhaust.

Wouldn't it be better to wait until you actually have a Viper to modify before getting ahead of yourself with specific mods? You might buy one that already has mods, saving you the trouble.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Smooth tubes and "Green filters". Probably $200 and 10+hp.

Hi flow cats will reduce the high side sill temps of the stock Catalytic Convertors and add 10-20 hp ($500). If allowed, No cats and oxygen sensor simulators.

For HP, 40% increase with just a used Roe Supercharger. Exhaust helps, but not necessary. Probably a 50% increase in torque starting at 2000rpm! Later, add exhaust, headers, and change pulleys to go to another couple hundred horsepower - if you want it.

Main advantage Roe compared to Paxton is not just the torque, but the ease of installation (6hrs DIY) and upgrading to higher hp. The Roe comes with a Vec 2 and is easily programmed with "smart cards" and has lots of after purchase help from Sean. Water/**** injection should be added after the miniumum boost (depending on pistons).

If you have a Gen 3 you'll have to go to a Paxton since there's no Roe available for them.

Ted

OP
OP
C

countlambo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I no for sure I`m going with a Gen 2 the only reason Im asking is that I want to get right amont of money to do it all at once And think you for your help

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Belangers 5>2>1 are a great design and I like the triple collectors. However the pickles are to maintain velocity at lower rpms and hurt the top end performance.

[img=http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2724/belangerheaderssp0.jpg]

Removing the pickles opens up the collectors for higher exhaust flow and I took them out of the headers.

You must be registered for see images

In this pick you get an idea of how much restriction the pickles cause.

You must be registered for see images

Hope this helps you guys a little.

Ted

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted, how did you get the pickles out without butchering the collectors?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The top pic shows how a couple of the pickles came out when I torched them. The smaller collectors had less room so I had to start torching them from the very top and melt them away. Major PITA. I did ende up using my MIG welder to repair a couple of pin holes though. Not a fun job. Great designed headers. I have always studied exhaust technologies and often made headers and really like the way the Belangers were made. I do feel that they're a superior product. These seem to be 1 5/8" tube or I'd be putting them onto my car. Instead I guess I'll be building 3" collectors for my Edelbrocks.

Ted

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on guys don't steer the noob wrong - sticky rear tires are by far the most cost effective mod you can do to a Viper.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Learning to drive it.

Will be worth far more than any mod, not to mention will keep you out of guard rails.