NEW Optima Battery

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weigh it when you get it

Are you kidding!!??? You really think the minor weight difference in batteries is going to make a big difference in your driving?? Just drive naked and you'll make up the weight difference.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow am I glad I searched and read these posts as I was just about to order one from Amazon which has the best price of 135.80 as of 6/22/2010 and free shipping for my 09 Viper. I will stay with the oem after these inputs. Thanks

sounds like you never had one but then you are going to bash optima because you believe what others write without your own experiance?:dunno:

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you kidding!!??? You really think the minor weight difference in batteries is going to make a big difference in your driving?? Just drive naked and you'll make up the weight difference.

Last car I put an Optima in it was 15lbs less than the OEM battery. It all adds up

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After having my OEM battery EXPLODE in my Ram SRT-10. I will never use anything but an Optima again. Have been that way since 96 and never had a problem yet. I don't know what you guys are taking about with Optima not having a battery for our cars because I have been using red tops in my vipers since I first replaced the OEM from my 94 in 1996! They allways fit well and no problems. With the kind of heat that we deal with out here in the desert, nothing beats the optima, oems never last more than 3 years.

About the only problem I had with the Optima was that it didn't fit in my GTS battery tray at first. That was an easy fix, though - I just put a bottle jack in there, and carefully stretched the tray down about a quarter of an inch, and the Optima fit perfect. Some people got lucky and the battery fit without having to do that - but some didn't. I also heard about a few people that tried to force fit the battery in, and the top posts shorted out on the frame. There were also a bunch of people who shaved down the top posts of the battery to make it fit - and that is a sure-fire way to get the battery to fail, and void the battery warranty.

I'd have to agree that there are more quality-consistent battery manufacturers out there - but if you get a good Optima, they seem to last forever.

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red top side post specific to Viper bought 3 years ago. No problems.:drive: