New Orleans Motorsports Park

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always good to hear about new tracks but we gotta pressure these track builders to stop loading up with all the turns. 16 turns in 2.75 miles is too many turns. Vipers gotta stretch their legs to cool the engine. The full course for phase 2 is 5.3 miles. Hopefully it will be no more than 21 turns.

sbarbier

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't wait to get back home now. We'll be constructing a new power plant not far from there beginning the end of 2011 and it'll be nice to be closer to Madisonville. Keep us posted on the progress.

OP
OP
L

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Always good to hear about new tracks but we gotta pressure these track builders to stop loading up with all the turns. 16 turns in 2.75 miles is too many turns. Vipers gotta stretch their legs to cool the engine. The full course for phase 2 is 5.3 miles. Hopefully it will be no more than 21 turns.
Chuck, I agree. I think the main person involved in building the track is a Heavy Porche guy. They will have auto parts for sale, a Dyno, tuners on site and other items. They have 500 acres they're working on & just bought an additional 160 acres. Never thought I would live long enough to see a first class Motorsport facility be built in N.O, but finally saw the Saints Win the Superbowl. Who would ever thought THAT Possable ? :dunno: