New Owner Here

Hawaii Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I finally got my dream car a few weeks ago 05 SRT-10, the car is super clean, all stock, one owner and about 9K miles.

I drove a 07 C6 for a few years and basically got bored with the car, I came across this 05 and knew it was mine. I havent looked back for a second since the purchase. I have never driven a car that makes you feel like a million dollars going down the road. The Viper is like night and day compared to the Vette.

I ordered and received the 2" seat lowering kit for the drivers seat, I'm about 6'5 so what I have read on this board, the lowering kit should help alot with some extra room in the cab. I plan on doing the install this weekend.

I dont plan on doing any major mods for a while until I get the feel of the car and carefully think about exactely what I want to do with it.

A friend of mine years ago had a 94 RT-10, that was my first experience with the Viper, after riding in it I was like I have got to get one of these machines, this 05 GEN III is like a civiliazed all out race car on the street. I have never driven a car that I have enjoyed driving so much, you really become part of the car after climbing into the cockpit!!

I do have a question for you Veteran Viper owners, the car has a little over 9000 miles on it. I dont know the history on when the fluids were last changed, the oil looks clean, as far as the rest of the fluids go I have no idea. Would it be recommended to have all the fluids changed out?? I guess for me it would be more piece in mind for me to know when the fluids were last changed and if their are any issues.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks,
Mike :headbang:

Attachments

• Dscn1035.jpg
    Dscn1035.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Dscn1039.jpg
    Dscn1039.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 37

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, I also had an 07 C6 and just got bored with it. Every where I drove the c6 no one paid much attention to it but when I drive the 08 Viper I can't keep people away from it.

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike - great car!!! Good luck with the install on the 2" kit, I had one put in mine and it's like sitting in an entirely new car now:) I'm 6-2 but felt like I was craning my neck to see stop lights alot and when I track it my helmet would probably hit the roof... in a convertible I'm not sure of headroom as mine is a coupe '09 though. You do lose the adjustment and one click in the backward movement but gain the overall height and I believe one small click in the angle of the backrest.

are you on oahu? I'd love to track that island:):)

Abe Froman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the family… You will never regret your decision. Best of luck with your purchase and change those “Fluids”…

They say “Yellow” is the fastest color… My 06 is Red

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess for me it would be more piece in mind for me to know when the fluids were last changed and if their are any issues.

There's your answer, Mike. Not much mileage over 4 years may indicate that the car was sitting for some time. ALWAYS better to spend a few more $$ to insure things are right.

Welcome and congrats! :headbang:

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Choice Mike!!! You are going to have another new car as soon as you lower the seat. I'm 6' 6" and it MADE A BIG difference!! Ya have to love that color!:headbang:

PBR

V

Venomiss

Welcome!! Great pictures and we hope you join the VCA.
Here's how:
http://forums.viperclub.org/2403732-post1.html

First question. Where are you ?
Second. Are you changing the fluids yourself?
Third. Do you have a manual & do you know any other Viper owners?

This link with pictures might be helpful to get you started:
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/617529-changed-oil.html

The two Viper techs here on the forums are Mark Jorgensen & Chuck Tator.
Feel free to send them a PM with questions or give them a call.
(keep their numbers in your glove box too.)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AWESOME color choice! :yay::yay:

Let me state now before all of the "other" guys start yapping (Ahhmm Chad :D), yellow is the best Viper color. Period. It is faster. Looks the best. It does not have a V8, and chicks dig it! :D:D

So there.:D:pbt:

Anyhoo, welcome to the Viper Nation! :headbang:

Robert

OP
OP
H

Hawaii Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I look forward to plenty of years of enjoyment with this beast!! And here I thought I was the only person that thought "Race Yellow" is the only color that should be on a Viper, I'm glad my counterparts feel the same about their "Yellow" Vipers, you really have to appreciate that color and thank Dodge for getting it right!!

I do need to update my profile, I live on the island of Ohau (Honolulu), I have only seen a few Vipers here on island, I got a few buddies that are Vette drivers, their as popular as ever, as like anyplace. A decent car, just not a Viper.

I'm going to check out the details for VCA membership, I do plan on joining and as for the fluid change, I would like to do it myself, just not real sure on how much work it would be, I checked out the "How To" Oil Change writeup, pretty simple, I just need to get some ramps or a low profile jack. And yes I was able to pickup a 2005 Viper Service manual on CD. I just need to go thru it.

I'll let you guys know how the 2" seat lowering kit install goes this weekend.
oh yea, its a pleasure to be a part of a new nation,....known as "VIPER NATION"

MIke :drive:

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

If you haven't seen this section already look here and start reading.
http://forums.viperclub.org/hawaii/

You can read it but can't post unless you are a VCA member.
Feel free to PM some of the Hawaii guys to maybe meet up and get some information for your Viper do it yourself stuff. Hope this helps you.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And here I thought I was the only person that thought "Race Yellow" is the only color that should be on a Viper, I'm glad my counterparts feel the same about their "Yellow" Vipers, you really have to appreciate that color and thank Dodge for getting it right!!
:

I am so proud! :famous: You will fit right in here! :nana:

Welcome to the yellow club! :yay:

BTW, there are a few Island guys on these boards. Likelly the ones you have seen around.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride Mike!

You must be registered for see images attach