New Owner Impression

2kvette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I followed this forum for about a year prior to me purchasing my car. Needless to say, after hearing all the negatives (rough ride, hard to handle, no traction control, extreme heat in cabin, etc.) I almost decided against buying one. I remember when it rolled off of the transport, I was nervous pulling out "waiting" for something to happen like the rear end coming around or something. I was in a ........"prepare for the worst hope for the best frame of mind." Well, none of my fears became reality! This car is a blast to drive! I wouldn't call the ride rough, just alittle stiff. You want a rough ride and hard to handle ......try the Jeep Cherokee that I just got rid of! I've owned fast cars before (albeit alittle more refined and more forgiving) but you just need to "respect" this car's HP & torque. And we can discuss the new Z06 versus this car all day. But one thing the Z06 can't hold a fiddle to when compared with this "piece of artwork" is the rush of air in your face when the top is dropped! I just got back from a quick ride along the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) in SoCal and the smell of the ocean and those cool ocean breezes, Oh my!...... :2tu: :usa:

TOPGON

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome I guess the best analogy is I still find reasons to drive the Viper even when it makes more sense to drive something else.Even with my 2003 ZO6 I never did that now I know it was because there is no comparison with the SRT.Dropping the top is the uncompromised added rush. You made a wise choice drive sensibly and follow the guideance available on this site and your in business. I would also reccommend a driving school you will find info on the site. ENJOY!!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yep, it's the ultimate convertible.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

"Needless to say, after hearing all the negatives (rough ride, hard to handle, no traction control, extreme heat in cabin, etc.) I almost decided against buying one."

And they call this the "VIPER CLUB"....
More positive people like you are needed here...Welcome

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I followed this forum for about a year prior to me purchasing my car. Needless to say, after hearing all the negatives (rough ride, hard to handle, no traction control, extreme heat in cabin, etc.) I almost decided against buying one. I remember when it rolled off of the transport, I was nervous pulling out "waiting" for something to happen like the rear end coming around or something. I was in a ........"prepare for the worst hope for the best frame of mind." Well, none of my fears became reality! This car is a blast to drive! I wouldn't call the ride rough, just alittle stiff. You want a rough ride and hard to handle ......try the Jeep Cherokee that I just got rid of! I've owned fast cars before (albeit alittle more refined and more forgiving) but you just need to "respect" this car's HP & torque. And we can discuss the new Z06 versus this car all day. But one thing the Z06 can't hold a fiddle to when compared with this "piece of artwork" is the rush of air in your face when the top is dropped! I just got back from a quick ride along the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) in SoCal and the smell of the ocean and those cool ocean breezes, Oh my!...... :2tu: :usa:

-im a fan of coupes, that way you dont loose your mellon when you roll the thing, but i still love my srt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery