New Owner in Delaware 2004

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by TopGun66, Jan 4, 2018.

1. TopGun66

TopGun66 Enthusiast

I hope to meet a few people and have a a chance to enjoy my new ride.

Just drove back from Florida where I picked up an 04.

I can barely fit in it and am in love with what it represents. 25 years ago I wouldn't own a dodge,DC,chrysler whatever.

Since my ford truck let me down and I pushed it into a dodge dealer, I have become a mopar nut.
    I had 4 cummins 2500 a police charger new(still have) and a dakota and a ramcharger.

After going to mecum in kissimmee last year hearing the viper and watching it low end blasting around the demo track I wanted one. I got bit by a viper. So now I have one.

I understand it is useless inefficient somewhat loud attention drawing not real comfortable and one of the most interesting vehicles I have ever seen. I didn't even test drive the one I bought. The owner took me for a ride and after I got my breath back we headed to the bank to get his money.

This isn't a car it is an experience. I can't wait until next summer. I'll duct tape the wife into the passenger seat and go for a ride to grab lunch..... So here I am another neebie for another 5 year run at a hobby. Just couldn't wrap my head around a vette. went to buy a z06 and said gee next year 60% value 4 years from now 50% at best and it isnt as uncomfortable loud blah blah blah... hence the viper.

I can't come up with a good vanity tag for it though. my wife said DUMBA55

2. ViperJeff

ViperJeff VCA Legacy Member - UT/AZ Staff Member

Congrats!!!!!

3. Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy VCA Venom Member - Great Lakes

congrats on your new ride. Go over your Viper carefully as you have plenty of time to get to know it. Be sure to check the harmonic damper bolt to see if it is loose...which was/is a fairly common issue on 04's due to a temporary design (size/torque) change that was rectified in 05's.

4. JANEY

JANEY VCA Member - Great Lakes

Congratulations!

5. Bonkers

Bonkers VCA Venom Member - Northeast

Where abouts in Delaware are you from?

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Enthusiast Staff Member

Welcome to the forum!

7. TopGun66

TopGun66 Enthusiast

Thanks All. I am hoping to have some fun with the new toy when the weather turns.
    Bonkers I am from Bear, DE live near Lums Pond
    Steve-indy I will check Thanks!

8. Maniacal

Maniacal Enthusiast

Congrats. A lot of the reasons you stated were the same as me for getting mine last month.