New Owner

Cali Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just recently purchased a 98 GTS in Northern Cal. 12k miles, Red, Borla exhaust. This is the car I've wanted for quite some time. I thought my 99 Firehawk was fast, but this is something else. You just don't see Vipers too often, which probably explains all the stares I get. As someone mentioned on this site, people who don't know much about Vipers think it's a new exotic.

I think my first major investment is going to be in a driving school. This car is a little tricky for me to get used to around turns. After I master the car in its stock configuration, I'll begin to think about headers and a Roe SC.

John

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
welcome to the club. shortly after I got my '01 I got into an SCCA autocross school for a day. We did figure 8's, lateral g skidpad stuff, etc...a great way to try and learn when the backend comes around. Unfortunately, there is little lead time between when it does and driver reaction.

anyway, enjoy your new snake!!

New97owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello John,
I am a new owner also, as of last week! I know I LOVE driving my '97! I can't wait to get up in the mornings...just to cruise around. Welcome to the forum!

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats and be careful. This snake really bite... :2tu: