new owner

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi

New owner question, on my viper where the front bumper meets the headlights (top of bumper, bottom of headlights) there is a gap where you can see in behind the front bumber is that normal?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like another fitment issue. I just checked and the gap is wider on the driver side (maybe 0.5" or less) than the passenger side (pretty tight). Thats also how the gap b/t my hood and TOP of headlight is as well. Not sure if its related or not. But I wouldnt worry about the gap. Just chalk it up to part of driving a handmade car

steel snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A very common Viper trait. Search the site (use search box at bottom of forum page). There are dozens of threads on this issue. Someone has yet to say "What a gorgeous car but what's that ugly gap on the left?"

SidewinderGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on your Viper, I`m a new owner as well and theses guys were a great help. :2tu:

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome!!!

Hood Gap??? Been there, done that...
Like steel said, do a search and there is all kinds of info on that...Including my thread regarding the hood gap issue I had...

Cheers,

OP
OP
S

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm familiar with the hood gap issue but what i am talking about is the bottom of the headlights where they meet the front bumper. there is a gap below the headlights where if you look standing above the front you can see behind the front bumper

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SOunds like it has had some work done to cause the misadjustment. No way did it leave the plant with a big gap there.

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Viper! You will be amazed and I still can't wipe the grin off my face when I think about it and when I open the garage and see it there.

Santo

OP
OP
S

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey santo

I live in ottawa man, your bought a yellow 02, congrates as well. Listen do you gap between the bottom of your headlight and front fascia?? Cause I do, Also on the tail lights where they curve with the body a very small gap, you would think they would have a rubber seal or something

PSilverGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't have this gap. I heard that the headlight can be moved to adjust for gaps. I believe you will need to remove the bumper. I recommend having a shop or Viper Tech do the adjusted.

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey santo

I live in ottawa man, your bought a yellow 02, congrates as well. Listen do you gap between the bottom of your headlight and front fascia?? Cause I do, Also on the tail lights where they curve with the body a very small gap, you would think they would have a rubber seal or something

Thanks. I'll dig out the digital camera and take some pics for you tomorrow so you can see how mine is. I haven't washed mine yet to go over every little detail so I haven't really noticed anything and I've read enough to know that they are hand-made so some of these gaps may be different between cars.

Hope this helps,
Santo

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry, I moved recently and couldn't find the camera (or I'd have my own avatar by now) but I don't have those gaps between the front fascia and the bottom of the headlights. The rear lights also don't have any gaps (nor rubber gaskets) but they are very tight.

Santo

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Easier said than done. The headlight has four bolts that hold it in place from underneath. Accessible once the front fascia is removed. There are usually headlight shims in some or all of the four bolts. You *might* be able to remove a a few shims to lower the headlight, But by doing so of course you increase the gap at the top. You could also lower just the front of the headlight, but that with throw off the level and aim of your headlights. Just remember when aligning the front enad of a Viper there is "reaction" to each of your actions.... It's not a "quick fix" plan on spending the better half a day trying to fix it, and you could make it worse!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32