New Road Track Near Reno

JimT 99RT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was at the Reno-Fernley Raceway on Sunday running with the Subaru WRX club there were 38 cars, including a couple of Vette's, a couple of Dodge Stealth's and an RX8. It is a nice track (2.4 miles) with a couple of interesting corners. For those of you around the Reno/Tahoe area if you get a chance to go to this track I recommend it. The track is in great shape, the lanes are wide, it's a pretty safe track, with the only negative being that the run off area is not that great. I felt it was a good beginner track and a good track for someone like me who has only been out a few times. The instructors were really nice and very helpful. It has a couple of good straight-aways, I was hitting 140mph on the front straight though you want to pick the right braking line, since there is a section that can be a little bumpy at the end. I ended up driving harder than I thought, I used up a brand new set of Brakeman 3’s running five 30 minute sessions.

Here is the link

http://www.reno-fernleyraceway.com/

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like great facilities. Got a few more turns than I prefer for a 2.4 mile and utilizing the straight for a dragstrip is never a good idea, but nice facilities nonetheless.

Reaction score
Do you know how close it is to Yerington? I see it mentioned on the map....but I don't see any references to distance. I think it is on the road to Yerington....if that is the case, I drove by it once. :) Yes Chuck....my Viper DID get CLOSE to a road course!!! Though, back then the road course was just a dream. :) I am pretty sure my brother-in-law did some electical work out there (if it is the one I am thinking of).