New Roe, Scratch one Porsche GT3!

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I picked up my car today from Tony Armour who installed my new Roe! I drove in terrible traffic for hours on the way home in the rain, never getting to see what I now have under the hood! Well, it was dark and raining and I was about 4-5 miles from home when traffic finally became light. To my surprise, up ahead of me was a Porsche GT3 moving fast. I had never seen a GT3 before so I down shifted to catch up. At the next light, I rolled up along side and gave him a thumbs up because his car looked great. His response was to floor it and pull ahead. At the next light, I was first in line and he pulled in behind me. When the light turned, I pulled away slow since it was raining and I had not yet ever tried out my new power. He quickly passed me full out and then slowed down. When I pulled along side, he nailed it so I had to respond! I down shifted and Holly S#*T!!!! The new Roe is INCREDIBLE! Scratch one GT3 as I quickly pulled ahead! At the next light, he pulled along side and said "My god, what did you do to that thing? It scared me!" I said, "Tony Armour Racing, Roe Supercharged!" I must say, since this was the first chance I had to get on it, I about pissed myself! If you have been thinking about getting one...this is the best bank for the buck you can do!

Rich
2001 RT10....Roe SC! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich -

Congrats on the new Roe! I'm excited to have another fast car in the backyard. Can't wait to run into you on the highway...

Tony is awesome when it comes to the SC setups.

Enjoy it, and be safe!!! The tires, especially in this weather, WILL come loose on you!!!

JD

OP
OP
V

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JD, How about another mountain run some day for the GA VCA? That would be fun! With all that HP you have on tap, you might have to give me a head start!!!

Rich

OP
OP
V

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are you running the "creampuff" standard 5 psi boost? What numbers did you dyno if you did?

Dave,

Standard 5lb. and Tony tunned it with his lap top and made adjustments. I have not been to the dyno as I just picked it up. No check engine light though! I heard some have that problem with Cream Puffs but I did not with the great job Tony did.

Rich

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like fun! :laugh:
I'm definitely going to get one someday.

But you should have told the guy that it was stock. ;)
That would have given him nightmares. :eek:

Power...there is no substitute. :2tu:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your new upgrade and Props to Tony on a fine install.

Cudaman :usa:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GT3's are nice, but a stock viper would take them easily, just an fyi. I test Drove a GT2 (its turbo, and its faster then its little brother the NA GT3), it was about on par with the viper.

Just an FYI, you wouldh ave spanked him stock, the SC only added insult to injury.

Jon

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JD, How about another mountain run some day for the GA VCA? That would be fun! With all that HP you have on tap, you might have to give me a head start!!!

Rich

You guys need to give me a heads up when you do this day, I 'll drive up to hang with y'all :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GT3 = 90k (Porsche's most powerfull Normally Asperated car)

GT2 = 180k (Porsche's second fastest car, second only to Carrerra GT)

Base prices, goes up from there...

Actually the base prices climb quickly. The options on the 911s are very pricey. :eek:
I had a friend of mine who ordered a new, loaded, GT3 and out the door his cost was $153K! :eek:
Hardly the rumored $99K base price. ;)

OP
OP
V

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rich

You guys need to give me a heads up when you do this day, I 'll drive up to hang with y'all :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

99 RT 10,

We could certainly let you know next time we go! It's a great drive on those twisty roads if our pres./leader JD would just pick up the pace a bit! PM me with your name and contact information and I will make sure we keep you in the know...

Rich

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually the base prices climb quickly. The options on the 911s are very pricey. :eek:
I had a friend of mine who ordered a new, loaded, GT3 and out the door his cost was $153K! :eek:
Hardly the rumored $99K base price. ;)

At that price, he probably got the Club Sport GT3, as I havent seen a regular gt3 go much over 120k, here is a new one on ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4512288858&category=10156v ) with the PCCB (Porsche Composit Ceramic Brake) system (one of the more expensive options) and its sticker is 113k. But yes, I totally agree, Porsches have a horrible way of price jumping from base, because of the ridiculous premiums porsche puts on their options.

I am by no way knocking these cars, they are amazing, both versions, and I only broke from the family, because of the Dodge Viper.

;) But the Viper will make short work of a Gt3 in a straight line and is right on par with the Gt2 in the 1/4 mile. Now, the turns ya better watch out ;-) Fortunetly for us they are both rear wheel drive, so they dont have the all wheel advantage of the 911 turbos (which then carry the dissadvantage of about 150~200 more pounds once out of the turns).

I was goign to get a 2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S, but after speaking with a few 911 turbo owners, and seeing some of the previews of the new coupe, I just couldn't bring myself to abandon my Dodge Viper family. Wish the coupe would hurry the hell up and come out !!

Jon

Z06J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had fun with a black S today. What's in it?

What kind of S a turbo or 997? If it was a turbo it has 450 hp and if it was a new 997 S then it has 350 hp with a 3.8L engine.

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GT3 is no slouch. Stock for stock you'd be surprised (but how many stock vipers are left, right?). The GT3 is as fast (if not faster) than a stock twin turbo. GT3 doesn't have much in the way of upgrades for power, just don't follow him into the corners, it'll eat a viper alive on a twisty road or a track. (our GT3 cup car is almost 10 seconds a lap faster than a prepped GTS coupe at road america from last season, I know the cc is faster, but thats a different class now).

In any event, good kill, but be safe on those wet roads.

Z06J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ClubSport GT3 is not offered in the U.S. it is only offered in Europe. But if you want the baddest naturally aspirated the ClubSport GT3 is the one to get, you just have to get one in to the country. I heard of one that someone was trying to sell that is in the country. I think it had the red stripes and red wheels they all(ClubSport GT3) come in white and either come with blue or red wheels and stripes along the bottom of the car.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ClubSport GT3 is not offered in the U.S. it is only offered in Europe. But if you want the baddest naturally aspirated the ClubSport GT3 is the one to get, you just have to get one in to the country. I heard of one that someone was trying to sell that is in the country. I think it had the red stripes and red wheels they all(ClubSport GT3) come in white and either come with blue or red wheels and stripes along the bottom of the car.

You are correct, however, while not offered in the US, they are still allowed in the US, you just have to get it certified (an expensive process). And I know of ONE, that I personally put my hands on, and it was awesome, a part of a private porsche collection for a retired VP of phamasutical company.

Again, a gt3 for 150k+ I just dont know how you could get one that high, even optioning the crap out of it.

I drove a GT2, and they had a GT3 on the lot, I just wasnt interested in it, and the guys told me that the Porsche 911 turbo with the x50 package could beat the gt3 without a problem (straight line), so the 911 turbo s, is the same thing but with the x50 built in (not an option, standard).

Still the Gt3 doesnt have the power to over take a stock viper in a straight line. I agreed with the corning (even stated it first).

Jon

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So said 2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

I was going to get a 2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S, but after speaking with a few 911 turbo owners, and seeing some of the previews of the new coupe, I just couldn't bring myself to abandon my Dodge Viper family. Wish the coupe would hurry the hell up and come out !!

Jon
Yeah, we were all hoping you were going to get the 911, and sooooooooooooooooo close :mad: :mad: You wennie

:D :D :D :D :D

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So said 2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

I was going to get a 2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S, but after speaking with a few 911 turbo owners, and seeing some of the previews of the new coupe, I just couldn't bring myself to abandon my Dodge Viper family. Wish the coupe would hurry the hell up and come out !!

Jon
Yeah, we were all hoping you were going to get the 911, and sooooooooooooooooo close :mad: :mad: You wennie

:D :D :D :D :D

Yeah, you and about 5 others cried saying it would be a loss to Viper community if I left. Not sure what crack pipe you were all smoking, but apparently it made you all delusional.... me have value ?? lol..

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like fun! :laugh:
I'm definitely going to get one someday.

But you should have told the guy that it was stock. ;)
That would have given him nightmares. :eek:

Power...there is no substitute. :2tu:

I have to correct you there my good man, there IS a substitute: MORE POWER ;)

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the next light, he pulled along side and said "My god, what did you do to that thing? It scared me!" I said, "Tony Armour Racing, Roe Supercharged!"

To really add insult to injury, you should just tell them it is STOCK! :D

glenn hofstetter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry to rain on your parade but that was not smart. Our cars, when stock, are tough enough to handle in the dry when you know them. You added a supercharger and maybe 175 RWHP, you have never opened it up and then in the rain you are street racing with no experience at all! I had a good friend killed doing the same thing. Hope this dosen't happen to you too.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice going, Rich. I agree, "stock" woulda been a great response. Yup-- the mountain run Joseph lined up was great! Now if only I could afford a gen 2, gotta have windows. John

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had fun with a black S today. What's in it?

What kind of S a turbo or 997? If it was a turbo it has 450 hp and if it was a new 997 S then it has 350 hp with a 3.8L engine.

Just a plain S on it.
Is it 4 wheel drive?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang