New Shoes, Yes Shoes!

67PLY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While my car is in the shop getting a nose job, my new shoes came in. THERE IS NO CURE FOR THIS DISEASE!!!

Attachments

• IMAG0177.jpg
    IMAG0177.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMAG0179.jpg
    IMAG0179.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMAG0180.jpg
    IMAG0180.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMAG0182.jpg
    IMAG0182.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 24

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of you kids know how to play!

:drive:

Chucks are great driving shoes. IMO.......

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
We are all a little crazy and struck with the disease of Viper-itis.

I picked up these Allen Edmonds driving shoes. The Red racing stripe is a perfect match for my Kandy Red Serpent. (And since it's RED, they make me walk faster (they do have a Brown version for those that can't handle the SPEED that RED offers)). Very light, pretty comforfaable, stylish for those that care, and a little narrow (even the 14 EEE) which should help in the tight footwell of the Viper.

Hwy1_Black.jpg

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you get the embroided stitching done ?
That's a pretty wild accessory.

F

FrgMstr

Thinking of these for new driving shoes.

You must be registered for see images

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they look good............ when do you get the RED NOSE to go with the shoes lol

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might be a stupid question, and I apologize if it is... but what is the point of these shoes/sneakers? I mean, I obviously assume they must be more comfortable, then a normal sneaker, but do you actually wear them every time you drive your car? Or do you only wear them on long drives, racing on a track etc.,? I would imagine you don't wear them for normal daily use or outside of your car, correct? The only purpose I see in something like this, would be to keep my floor mats and interior clean by never wearing sneakers/shoes I wore outside so no dirt gets tracked in my car. I actually thought about doing that with a 2nd pair of sneakers I would keep in my car, but haven't started doing that yet since other people would probably think I was crazy or obsessive(which I kinda am anyway with my car). :D

F

FrgMstr

This might be a stupid question, and I apologize if it is... but what is the point of these shoes/sneakers? I mean, I obviously assume they must be more comfortable, then a normal sneaker, but do you actually wear them every time you drive your car? Or do you only wear them on long drives, racing on a track etc.,? I would imagine you don't wear them for normal daily use or outside of your car, correct? The only purpose I see in something like this, would be to keep my floor mats and interior clean by never wearing sneakers/shoes I wore outside so no dirt gets tracked in my car. I actually thought about doing that with a 2nd pair of sneakers I would keep in my car, but haven't started doing that yet since other people would probably think I was crazy or obsessive(which I kinda am anyway with my car). :D

These are generally sold as athletic shoes used for "barefoot" hiking and trekking. Been thinking of getting a pair for serious drives and use on the boat. About the same cost as driving shoes and might give better tactile feedback.

Here is the web site.

Vibram FiveFingers : Barefoot Sports Shoes : Toe Shoes & Minimalist Shoes

Last edited by a moderator:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are generally sold as athletic shoes. Been thinking of getting a pair for serious drives and use on the boat.

So why would you need an athletic shoe to drive a car? I can understand if you are racing for a long period of time and want a light shoe, especially if your clutch is heavy.. but for daily use driving the car? I don't mean to be disrespectful at all to anyone who wants to buy a pair or has a set already since they do look nice.. I'm just really curious and never thought about buying a shoe when driving my viper, that's all. Do you actually leave them in your car and only put them on while driving it, and change out of them when you get out of your car or do you actually wear them going into stores and stuff? :dunno:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So why would you need an athletic shoe to drive a car? I can understand if you are racing for a long period of time and want a light shoe, especially if your clutch is heavy.. but for daily use driving the car? I don't mean to be disrespectful at all to anyone who wants to buy a pair or has a set already since they do look nice.. I'm just really curious and never thought about buying a shoe when driving my viper, that's all. Do you actually leave them in your car and only put them on while driving it, and change out of them when you get out of your car or do you actually wear them going into stores and stuff? :dunno:

Many folks have had thier feet slip off the pedals and a larger shoe hitting the accelerator instead of the clutch or break pedal. I know I have a hard time driving in regular shoes and a slimmer shoe makes all the difference.

Bruce

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many folks have had thier feet slip off the pedals and a larger shoe hitting the accelerator instead of the clutch or break pedal. I know I have a hard time driving in regular shoes and a slimmer shoe makes all the difference.

Bruce

That's all I need to know.. Thanks for clearing that up, makes much more sense now. So if you were driving your car and going to the store, would you also wear these in the store? Or bring a change of sneakers. I only ask, because these type of sneaker/shoes would definitely stand out lol. Also, I'm not sure you would wanna wear them on pavement/grass incase they get dirty.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have shoes that are better suited for driving the viper are a must for some of us. I have very wide feet and my standard shoes catch on pedals they shouldn't at poor times. I bought a pair of boat shoes that I slip on when taking the viper out. If I had an ACR like Joes I would buy a few sets of those converse if for no other reason than because its fun.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
There is a whole theory/science to the "toe sock" "shoes" if you want to call them shoes. From the Vibram website: "Our revolutionary design makes feet healthier by allowing them to move more naturally and freely.

The typical human foot is an anatomical marvel of evolution with 26 bones, 33 joints, 20 muscles and hundreds of sensory receptors, tendons and ligaments. Like the rest of the body, to keep our feet healthy, they need to be stimulated and exercised."

That's all I need to know.. Thanks for clearing that up, makes much more sense now. So if you were driving your car and going to the store, would you also wear these in the store? Or bring a change of sneakers. I only ask, because these type of sneaker/shoes would definitely stand out lol. Also, I'm not sure you would wanna wear them on pavement/grass incase they get dirty.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a whole theory/science to the "toe sock" "shoes" if you want to call them shoes. From the Vibram website: "Our revolutionary design makes feet healthier by allowing them to move more naturally and freely.

The typical human foot is an anatomical marvel of evolution with 26 bones, 33 joints, 20 muscles and hundreds of sensory receptors, tendons and ligaments. Like the rest of the body, to keep our feet healthy, they need to be stimulated and exercised."

I see.. Well maybe I'll have to consider a pair at some point. Of course they would have to match my car. ;)

Anyone have any good links to actual shoes/sneaks made for racing or to wear while driving?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see.. Well maybe I'll have to consider a pair at some point. Of course they would have to match my car. ;)

Anyone have any good links to actual shoes/sneaks made for racing or to wear while driving?

There are several threads on this subject. Try the ole SEARCH button.

Bruce

F

FrgMstr

My issues are mainly with width and feel while driving as I wear a size 13 shoe of D width. It is not unusual to "grab" some accelerator when going for the break sometimes. Having a thinner shoe would help remedy this as well as having better feel. I have been looking at the driving shoes, then saw a guy coming out of the guy wearing these and thought this might be exactly what I need for driving my car on more serious drives.

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a bright red pair of driving shoes that match my car perfectly. They do stand out while wearing when i am outside of my car but then everyone knows whose Viper it is. I get a lot of looks from the shoes, sometimes even more than from the car but who cares, they are comfortable, match the car, and allow for better heel/toe downshifting.
PAVenomRT/10

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a bright red pair of driving shoes that match my car perfectly. They do stand out while wearing when i am outside of my car but then everyone knows whose Viper it is. I get a lot of looks from the shoes, sometimes even more than from the car but who cares, they are comfortable, match the car, and allow for better heel/toe downshifting.
PAVenomRT/10

Where did you buy your driving shoes?

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like how the shoes are personalized.

I have found I have a hard time driving in 'street' shoes now that I have felt what it's like to have a driving shoe on at the track.

Welll...it's kinda a 'lot less shoe' than a tennis shoe, so you almost feel like your feet are wrapped in JUST enough sole to call it a shoe haha! MUCH easier to feel the pedals, and there's no mistaking about missing the throttle vs the brake, or being able to heel/toe.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was also wondering. Have a lot of you switched out the stock pedals for aftermarket ones? I've noticed the aftermarket ones seem wider, although they do look way better!