New Sidewinder wheels (pics)

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put on my new Sidewinder "blem" SRT wheel, to call them a "blem" is an injustice as they are perfect. The painted silver wheels seem so much lighter than the 10 spokes, the car feels much more responsive on turn in now. I purchased them from JonB at PartsRack www.partsrack.com he took good care of me as usual. The pics are posted in my gallery, i haven't figured out how to add them to a post yet i hope you like them.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here ya go sylvan I posted a pic for you.
4963vipe_wheel_012-med.jpg
Lookes awesome

OP
OP
S

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The silver painted wheels are quite a bit cheaper, around $1,000. They had both available at the time. I liked that the silver seemed more toned down and might be a more durable finish, and possibly easier to keep clean.

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The silver painted wheels are quite a bit cheaper, around $1,000. They had both available at the time. I liked that the silver seemed more toned down and might be a more durable finish, and possibly easier to keep clean.

Awesome, Mike.

A quick question kind of off topic, but where do you get that dark shadow from that is on the sides of your SRT? That looks wicked. Thanks man.

Fadi

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
These are the Copperhead wheels, just without the polish. The blems were painted to alleviate the problems caused in manufacture/handling, but they still have a nice weight savings. They definitely look nice on the silver cars, and I am sure we will see more and more show up in the future.

OP
OP
S

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
technically the wheels you call "copperhead" wheels are named SRT Sidewinders, the copperhead name has been applied because they were first used(standard) on the copperhead SRT-10 convertables. yes these are the same wheels in the painted(blems) finish as the SRT sidewinder polished finish.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Those look good on your car.

The painted Sidewinder wheels are a good choice for the track if you are running stock tires / Pilot Sports. When you go off track and put a bunch of nicks in them, they will be easier to touch up than the polished / clear coated wheels.

I bought a set of the polished Sidewinders for the Nevada Open Road Challenge so that I can run my stock tires. This should keep the speedo / odometer accurate for the event and they'll look good at the car show before the race.

They'll also see some limited street use. No plans to use them on the track. That's what the Forgelines are for.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Michael, and ViperX Dan....

To clarify the 'blem' moniker...these wheels began life as a full-polish Copperhad wheel. The CLEAR COAT had blemishes, fisheyes, etc, and CAAP rejected a few. The manufaturer took them back, stripped them, and SILVER POWDERCOATED THEM. They are in short-supply, only available periodically, and soon to be SOLD OUT, NOT TO BE OFFERED AGAIN. At this point we have 6 sets available and no promise of more.

This package saves 35 lbs of rotating, unsprung mass. Significant and noticable in the steering/suspension inputs.

The SILVER powdercoat wheels look like a custom-paint to a Silver Viper, or any Silver-striped Viper.

P.S. Fadi, we offer that Fade Stripe you asked about....... $249 kit. Other stripe colors available, like SILVER for black Vipers. The Black also looks KILLER on a YELLOW SRT!!!

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P.S. Fadi, we offer that Fade Stripe you asked about....... $249 kit. Other stripe colors available, like SILVER for black Vipers. The Black also looks KILLER on a YELLOW SRT!!!

Thanks Jon. I will be getting in contact with you soon if I decide to go with a Silver Viper to purchase the black fade stripe.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Powdercoat is the best on wheels. Nice coat of wax then, wipe every couple of days with a paper towel- dispose. If you use paper towels on regular Viper wheels you will swirl mark them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte