New SRT Flywheel!!!

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
DC PERFORMANCE SRT CHROMOLY FLYWHEELS NOW AVAILABLE!
2004-2006 Models

We have always been impressed with the Mopar Chromoly flywheels we use in the Competitiion Coupes and SRT's. The $650-$700 price has always made them a hard sell.
Aluminum wheels are great, but they just do not hold up like the Chromoly units. Well
we bit the bullet and made a production run of our own. We have tested the protypes in the Viper and SRT truck and the results have been great:

Improved throttle response
Improved shifting under power
Direct Replacement
SFI Rated for Racing
Improved heat capacity over Aluminum types
More Friction surface than Aluminum types
30% less rotating mass
9 pounds less weight
Dynamically balanced
Lower price than factory or Aluminum Units

We expect our first order of 100 in the next week and are taking orders. $429.00
For Pictures and more info go to dcparts.net.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc
310-841-6996

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We also make this flywheel for Gen 1 and 2 for $399.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance
310-841-6996

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Will it need a new belt, if so , does that come with package?
How much HP you think it may net 1-2hp , 3-4hp ? More.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol @ grcforce. I mean come on, everyone knows you need a good belt to go with a flywheel. And we also know flywheels MAKE hp. lol...

Oh, go see your mechanic before posting again MikeR, I think you arent well. :)

Jon

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will it need a new belt, if so , does that come with package?
How much HP you think it may net 1-2hp , 3-4hp ? More.

Mike, I looked at your profile. :2tu:

Scary thing is, you are a service advisor? :confused:

How many flywheel belts have you sold to your customers? :dunno:

And what horsepower gain did you promise them? :omg:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike, I looked at your profile. :2tu:

Scary thing is, you are a service advisor? :confused:

How many flywheel belts have you sold to your customers? :dunno:

And what horsepower gain did you promise them? :omg:

Im an idiot. lol....... I was looking at other threads and searching for Crank pulley. Must have been a long day. I dont know where this came from. I think Im working too many hours. I was so happy to see someone else besides Dodge making a crank pulley. Ok, so nevermind, I hearby ban myself from this thread.
And Ill stop selling flywheel belts as soon as I stop the blinker fluid flushes. I may go broke now.:lmao:

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Im working too many hours.
Ok, so nevermind, I hearby ban myself from this thread.
And Ill stop selling flywheel belts as soon as I stop the blinker fluid flushes. I may go broke now.:lmao:
Hey Mike,

Glad to see that your sense of humor remains intact despite working too many hours! :rolaugh:

Do you sell high glycol content blinker flushing fluid, so the bulbs flash faster and brighter? And don't forget the blinker relay timing belt and tensioner..... :D

And please, don't ban yourself, your posts are way too entertaining!:2tu:

Vypr Phil :)

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

Glad to see that your sense of humor remains intact despite working too many hours! :rolaugh:

Do you sell high glycol content blinker flushing fluid, so the bulbs flash faster and brighter? And don't forget the blinker relay timing belt and tensioner..... :D

And please, don't ban yourself, your posts are way too entertaining!:2tu:

Vypr Phil :)

And whats really scary is I saw this thread ,I guess after I posted and never looked back in here. For some reason I was bored yesterday and started reading all the new threads. Luckily I saw my post and your comments. Otherwise I would have never been able to defend my honor and forever labeled as "that guy".
I think my last crash at Buttonwillow on my racebike dinged my head a little to hard.:D
Ok, time to work........todays special.... High speed multiple Viscosity wheel balance, only $49.95:drive:

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think my last crash at Buttonwillow on my racebike dinged my head a little to hard.:D
Ok, time to work........todays special.... High speed multiple Viscosity wheel balance, only $49.95:drive:

I always thought that Vipers are much safer than racebikes!

Love your special, however I did a bit of research and I believe it is really called “Variable Viscosity”. The “variable” component makes it self-adjusting and self-compensating, therefore guarantying perfect wheel balance for the lifetime of the tires.......

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Love your special, however I did a bit of research and I believe it is really called “Variable Viscosity”. The “variable” component makes it self-adjusting and self-compensating, therefore guarantying perfect wheel balance for the lifetime of the tires.......

Now thats funny...:lmao:

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apology to my dear friend Dan Cragin, who started this thread to inform us about his great and very affordable flywheels.

I realize that we are way off topic and high jacked this thread with our dark “service department humor” posts.

MikeR, you can make more money by selling an additional coating of ETC* along with tires and wheel balances.....

*ETC= Enhanced Traction Compound

Vypr Phil

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We offer a belt with Viper buckle with each flywheel.

Seriously, I hope those who are considering a lighter flywheel will try this new product. The advantages of this product over the aluminum flywheels is proven.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc.
310-841-6996

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dan
I just installed my new flywheel and replaced clutch to. I had an aluminum flywheel and didn't like it . The chromoly was my best mod yet . Thanks for the advice . RICK